Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Backpackers in Aus

Options
  • 04-10-2008 12:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭

Having read this thread i defo wont be going to sydney or out to bondi, i mean why the **** would u go to aus and spent all your time with irish people in a irish pub and wear gaa jerseys, sad is not the word. Thank god im going to small town Tasmania, i hope to **** i dont meet one irish person and i defo wont be wearing a gaa jearsys

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭BarryCreed

Well, GAA jerseys might be the last thing on your mind in Tasmania!!
    The edge of the world!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

What's wrong with Irish people...? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Having read this thread i defo wont be going to sydney or out to bondi, i mean why the **** would u go to aus and spent all your time with irish people in a irish pub and wear gaa jerseys, sad is not the word. Thank god im going to small town Tasmania, i hope to **** i dont meet one irish person and i defo wont be wearing a gaa jearsys

we too, are thankful, that you are going to a small town in Tasmania too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

:confused:

Get over yourself, just cause you dont want to spend a year down the cock N bull with other irish people no need to come on and make out like their infected with some sort of social disease. Australia has had irish backpackers for years , you wont be novel anywhere including Tasmania.

If you want to avoid Irish people move to Parnell st :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭One Cold Hand

I'll be in Tassie in 2 weeks, so you might see me there. I'll wear my Dublin jersey so you know me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

your username says it all, remember you may die tomorrow, embrace tomorrow as if its you last, you just never know, STOP BEING A PRICK

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

daftdave wrote: »
    your username says it all, remember you may die tomorrow, embrace tomorrow as if its you last, you just never know, STOP BEING A ****

maybe tone that down before the mod gets here, we are a friendly bunch ya know

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

English ftw!!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

To be fair I kinda know where the OP is coming from, though I wouldn't be such an extremist about it.

I personally think it's ridiculous that some people go all the way to the other side of the world and end up hanging out in Irish bars with Irish people every night of the week. Sure you can do that at home!

I try to avoid them as much as possible, though there's no harm every once in a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

daftdave wrote: »
    your username says it all, remember you may die tomorrow, embrace tomorrow as if its you last, you just never know, STOP BEING A PRICK

Daftdave.. watch it. Personal abuse is not tolerated, no matter the subject topic or the poster's attitude. As Hussey says, we are a friendly bunch. let's keep it that way.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 661 ✭✭✭CountryWise

The Dude2008 first question,have you been? -you do realise that it isnt mandatory to live in Bondi or spend your time here in an Irish pub with Irish people?

Thats a choice.....

I live near Bondi in Bronte and I can say I have never visited one of the Irish pubs in Bondi junction because thats not why I came to Sydney,I came to Sydney for the Sydney lifestyle which so far to me has been brilliant and it involves lots of outdoor activities(running,surfing etc) and sight-seeing and yes the occasional drinking but that usually involves a BBQ with friends in the sun or on the beach.

Its a really beautiful city, to give it a miss would be a shame!

And also I think you'l find that those who speak continuously about the Irish being everywhere in Sydney are the very ones that will be sitting in the Irish pubs Fri and Sat night.

If you were to believe everything you hear that'd mean there is only a handful of Irish in Melbourne and Perth, the fact is that the Irish are everywhere and that counts worldwide!

Stay at home if you dont want to be dissapointed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

The Dude2008 first question,have you been? -you do realise that it isnt mandatory to live in Bondi or spend your time here in an Irish pub with Irish people?

Thats a choice.....

I live near Bondi in Bronte and I can say I have never visited one of the Irish pubs in Bondi junction because thats not why I came to Sydney,I came to Sydney for the Sydney lifestyle which so far to me has been brilliant and it involves lots of outdoor activities(running,surfing etc) and sight-seeing and yes the occasional drinking but that usually involves a BBQ with friends in the sun or on the beach.

Its a really beautiful city, to give it a miss would be a shame!

And also I think you'l find that those who speak continuously about the Irish being everywhere in Sydney are the very ones that will be sitting in the Irish pubs Fri and Sat night.

If you were to believe everything you hear that'd mean there is only a handful of Irish in Melbourne and Perth, the fact is that the Irish are everywhere and that counts worldwide!

Stay at home if you dont want to be dissapointed :)
    you deh man!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

watna wrote: »
    Daftdave.. watch it. Personal abuse is not tolerated, no matter the subject topic or the poster's attitude. As Hussey says, we are a friendly bunch. let's keep it that way.

okey doke !

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Ozeire

Take it from me some times is good to meet up with a few Irish . Just to catch up on thing back home .

Just because you want new things doesn't mean you have to avoid Irish altogether .

Advertisement