Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transporting a Landie

Options
  • 04-10-2008 11:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭

Im lookin at buying a series three Landie . It does not have a MOT or tax so i would have to trailer it to the ferry. I was wondering if anyoe has expierence in hireing vehicle transportation companies i.e. the service, the price, ect...
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Builderfromhell

I bought and brought a Transit van over on Rosslare ferry recently and discovered that the fast ferry doesn't take long vehicles, and vehicles over 3,000 kg. Had to wait for next large ferry. Worth knowing if your bringing trailer. Several people had cars on trailers BTW.

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭E. Fudd

The guy I used to bring my 90 home from England was Brian McCardle (BMC Haulage) in Louth, Sound chap and will also bring cash or a draft over for you to pay for the car if you want. Charged me 500 to pick it up from the door in england and bring it back to his yard in louth.
    His number is 086 836 3007

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Boiled-egg

Thanks a mil for the advice lads
    Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Cmar-Ireland

I used a guy called John Flynn (087-2990141 / 087-2617100) to bring over a car for me. He's just outside Carlow. He will bring over the payment for the car. Charges €500 (I think) from the UK to his yard.

Advertisement