Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

16Gb USB flash drive €25.50 delivered from MyMemory.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Do you have any that resemble a paracetamol tablet...? :pac:

I'll probably order one of these tomorrow, cheers boss.

Anyone used either before? Reliable?

It would suck to have 10+GB of info on it only for it to explode on you :( My last one was only 1GB, but it's been through the wars (including going for a swim in the washing machine) and it was unphased!

Unfortunately it could not repel the c*nts that stole it with my car radio! :mad:

Which reminds me -- any USB keys available that electrocute thiefs? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

Yes there's one that resembles a paracetamol tablet (if you usually take a paracetmol tablet that is about 2" x 1" in diameter and shiny silver in colour), check out this thread: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055391262 :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Paracetamol suppository anyone??? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭viv.ie

Nice find,ordered one when I came in from the local last night,hope it was the blue one!I remember paying e45 for 2gb,s of memory on a key not so long ago.

Get 4% back if you buy through Quidco, that's 80p or €1, making the price about €24.50 net delivered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,364 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Oracle wrote: »
    Get 4% back if you buy through Quidco, that's 80p or €1, making the price about €24.50 net delivered.

Do you have one of these in any capacity Oracle? or does anyone else here?

I'm wondering about how secure the cap is?

I've had enough of caps falling off when on a key ring :(

These must be the cheapest 16GB around at the moment?

-

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Paul007

Looks a good deal but the transfer speeds concern me

Read: 15MBPS
    Write: 12MBPS

Megabytes per second is usually written as MB/sec so I'm assuming the shown speed is in megabits per second, in which case the speeds are very slow.

Sorry I don't actually own one of these, so not sure about the cap. It looks secure enough to me. As for the speed I'd say the quoted speed is fast and is megabytes per second (MB/sec). There's a thread on HUKD about these so a search there might tell you more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭admol

I'd be much more inclined to go for an 8GB drive from a known brand. To be honest they seem too cheap to be any good.

http://www.mymemory.co.uk/USB-Flash-Drives/Kingston/Kingston-8GB-DataTraveler-USB-Flash-Drive

€18 delivered

http://www.mymemory.co.uk/USB-Flash-Drives/Lexar/Lexar-8GB-JumpDrive-Secure-II-Plus

€23 delivered.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Canonfan

What is their delivery speed like?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,364 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Paul007 wrote: »

Megabytes per second is usually written as MB/sec so I'm assuming the shown speed is in megabits per second, in which case the speeds are very slow.

RE: MyMemory 16GB Pen Drive Speeds.

I just spoke with one of their technical people & Paul was bang on the button.

The stated speeds for this item are indeed megabits per second :eek:

The guy was so helpful that he physically went and got one of the drives & tested it while we spoke. It took more than one minute to transfer a 10MB file.

He couldn't believe it himself & agreed they would need to state this more clearly on their site.

Can you imagine trying to transfer 16GB onto that! :eek: :D

Definitely a non runner.

Well spotted Paul.

-

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Paul007 wrote: »

Cheers, you saved me from buying one of these slow yokes!

Advertisement