Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

who was this comedienne

Options
  • 03-10-2008 11:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭

I am trying to recall the name of a lady comedian so i can look for her shows on dvd. She used to have a show on RTE. I think she is English but I just cannot remember her name. One of her skits was where she would play a schoolgirl sat on a desk talking about one subject. I remember part of her football piece when the referee interevenes goes something like

And then man in a black , called the vicar, blows his whistle and tells the player the 'baby jesus is watching you'

And more

And the team who win are very happy and go out and get drunk and start a fight and the team who lose are very sad and go out and get drunk and start a fight

And thats what is the football it is ITS TRUE

Its not Catherine Tate's Lauren, the one i am thinking of always sat on a desk while giving her spiel

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭by8auj6csd3ioq

Found her it is Morwena Banks see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3YgsMszr9o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Mikel

The show was Absolutely.
    The most scottish comedy show ever......... class

Mikel wrote: »
    The show was Absolutely.
    The most scottish comedy show ever......... class
    Yes it was very good. I can'tfind the football sketch on youtube

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,250 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I have the whole series of Absolutely. If you can find out what season or episode it was in I could cut out that clip.

I have the whole series of Absolutely. If you can find out what season or episode it was in I could cut out that clip.
    I don't know the season. She was sat on a table doing the skit on football as in my first post
    Thanks for the offer;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭dodgyme

absolutely was very good. "Stoneybridge" was always a good sketch in it.

Advertisement