Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

xbox360s for 100 sterling in Sainsbury's

Options
  • 03-10-2008 6:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭

Sainsburys, who have this afternoon confirmed to HEXUS.gaming that there will be substantial price cuts on both its Xbox 360 and Wii consoles.

Speaking to the its customer service helpline, Sainsbury's confirmed that as from Friday 03rd October, running up until October 12th, the Xbox 360 Arcade version will be available for just £99.97(previously £129.97), with the 60GB model offered at just £139.97 (reduced from £169.97).

The company has no current deals on the Elite model.

Futhermore, the Wii will be reduced for the same period from £179.97 to £149.97!

You'll be hard pressed to find a better deal anywhere else. We guess you'll have to hurry up whilst stocks last.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Any link?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭xbox36016

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

I have 50 sparrows and 50 pigeons, will they take that instead?

what are you on about and stay on topic

• Registered Users Posts: 14,385 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Thats £100 for the worse version..The better one is £140

• Advertisement

ya i paid 400 for my 120gb one in may

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

sweetie wrote: »
    I have 50 sparrows and 50 pigeons, will they take that instead?

You can tell the economy is in trouble when the stores revert to barter. :D
    I've a full aviary on standby for the launch of this offer.

If Sainsbury's go ahead with this it is well below the MSRP announced
    in September. I wonder will any of the Irish stores offer similar?

i say not

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

oooo ... nice one, been on the lookout for a cheap Wii

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

xbox36016 wrote: »
    what are you on about and stay on topic

itz coz u sed dat dey cozt 100 starlings, geddit mi txt spkn frend?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Canonfan

If you live in Dublin and never owned any Xbox 360 games then Smiths Toys's deal is worth a look.

60GB Xbox 360:

Sainsbury's -- £139.97 (€179)

Smiths Toys -- Bundle €279 you get 4 games (Halo3, Gears of war, Forza 2 and PGR4) and extra wireless controller plus 2x€5 voucher.

I traded in the extra wireless controller for €45 gift voucher(at the counter) and sold for €40.(to a mate)

I also sold the 4 games plus 2x€5 voucher for €55 and ended up having the console for €185 without travelling.

I was lucky I know.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭degsie

xbox360s for 100 starling in Sainsbury's

I wonder if the RSPB are aware of this :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

went upto sainsburys (newry) friday morning and all were sold out...they said two people came in and bought them all....even doh its only meant to be 1per person

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

The Wii, aka a gamecube with a new controller, is still ridicolously overpriced at £149.99.

£74.99 would just about be a fair price for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Canonfan wrote: »
    I also sold the 4 games plus 2x€5 voucher for €55 and ended up having the console for €185 without travelling.

I was lucky I know.:D

You didn't travel but you done everything bar pimp your sister ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

jayteecork wrote: »
    The Wii, aka a gamecube with a new controller, is still ridicolously overpriced at £149.99.

£74.99 would just about be a fair price for it.

Wii retails at £179.97 therefore selling it for £149.99 is a bargain. Its the bargain section not the lets go back 2 years and have the is the wii worth it argument section.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,619 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

they said two people came in and bought them all....even doh its only meant to be 1per person

If that happened to me, I would have gone bananas and kicked up a fuss, saying I've come up from the South, spent all me money on petrol and a day off work........never know they might have organised one for you.

Advertisement