Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bookie gave me incorrect odds?!

Options
  • 03-10-2008 4:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭

Ok, just got back from the bookies a few minutes, and I dont know what to be thinking.

I put a bet on Toulouse to win tonight v Castres. On the slip I had "Toulouse to win" and the amount. I wasnt sure of the odds so i gave it to the nice lady and asked her to write down the odds. The odds she gave me were 10/11, which almost seemed too good to be true.
    So I got home just now, and checked the online site, and low and behold the odds are 4/11, which is what i remember them being. The odds of 10/11 are the odds to win with a handicap of 7 points, but I didnt ask for that.

So my question is: If Toulouse win, but not by 7 points, am I going to lose my money, or do I have some complaint. If they win by more than 7 points, am I guaranteed to get those odds?

Or should I go down now and clarify it before the shop closes? But that would mean I may not get the great odds for the win!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,201 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

You'll get paid if Toulouse win at 4/11. I'm not sure of the technical term they'll use but its an "obvious error" in the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,326 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Dodge wrote: »
    You'll get paid if Toulouse win at 4/11. I'm not sure of the technical term they'll use but its an "obvious error" in the price.

For once I think you might be wrong here Dodge.

The price 10/11 is a genuine price and the settler would therefore have to assume that the bet was the handicap bet.

If he had say 2/1 on the docket then because there is no 'Toulouse to win' event with that price, then it would revert to 4/11 Win Outright.

The bookie is leaving himself open to being scammed otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭punchestown

Bookies are open late this evening so get down if you can before the match or ring the shop in question.

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭luketitz

Or just call their customer service shop queries line for clarification

For once I think you might be wrong here Dodge.

The price 10/11 is a genuine price and the settler would therefore have to assume that the bet was the handicap bet.

Its open to interpretation alright. (and not the first time I've been wrong :) )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭sternn

Ok it looks like toulouse are going to win by more than 7 points. They are currently leading 28-3. So, will my bet have been registered under a handicap bet? I really dont know what to expect.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

sternn wrote: »
    Ok it looks like toulouse are going to win by more than 7 points. They are currently leading 28-3. So, will my bet have been registered under a handicap bet? I really dont know what to expect.

If the bet was given at the price of 10/11 it will have been registered as a handicap bet.

Just go in say nothing and hand the docket over. Either way you win once they do go on to beat the handicap. I think they will pay you out on the incorrect bet which would be great for you and if they don't you will still get paid out on the 4/11 either way your a winner so happy days :)

Opr

Well you wanted to back a 4/11 shot so if you get anymore than that, happy days

There is a difference of over €200 between the 2 odds, I will let you know how I get on tomorrow!

Got the higher odds, happy days!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭punchestown

Winner alright! winner alright! weighed in!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,316 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Got the higher odds, happy days!

Happy days.

Advertisement