Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

From a Quid to a million

Options
  • 03-10-2008 3:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭

Does anyone remember a statistician guy a few years ago who claimed he could turn a quid into a million by betting on sporting "definites" and doubling every bet, he went up to 27k and then his bet of England beating Italy at Rugby lost.

Goes to show money can be made from sports betting, esp 2 horse races.

http://www.highstakes.co.uk/shop/product.php/2233/0/

The key is knowing when to bank.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Next time paddy power try to make me deposit with them by sending me a free €10 im going to try this. I will try turn it into 1k. Probably take 6 months!!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 trynabe

Does anyone remember a statistician guy a few years ago who claimed he could turn a quid into a million by betting on sporting "definites" and doubling every bet, he went up to 27k and then his bet of England beating Italy at Rugby lost.

Goes to show money can be made from sports betting, esp 2 horse races.

http://www.highstakes.co.uk/shop/product.php/2233/0/

The key is knowing when to bank.

i tried a similar formula on the betfair exchange and from 37 quid i got to just under two thousand but then it went bang and the money was gone ,, unusual things like 3 goals in last 5 mins etc. started happening ,i came to the conclusion that for you to make money at gambling you must only use percentages of your bank then when the one in a million shot goes against you your protected ,, the guys formula involves all the bank all the time thats why he went bust with 27 k
    however if you are interested in concocting a formula id be interested especially if youve knowledge of betfairs exchange ,, its simple to lock in profits or minimize losses unlike with bookies , i hav sum ideas already that make me money but you learn fast that nothing is certain ,
    there must be a formula to stay ahead tho
    good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭cherrypicker555

trynabe wrote: »
    i tried a similar formula on the betfair exchange and from 37 quid i got to just under two thousand but then it went bang and the money was gone ,, unusual things like 3 goals in last 5 mins etc. started happening ,i came to the conclusion that for you to make money at gambling you must only use percentages of your bank then when the one in a million shot goes against you your protected ,, the guys formula involves all the bank all the time thats why he went bust with 27 k
    however if you are interested in concocting a formula id be interested especially if youve knowledge of betfairs exchange ,, its simple to lock in profits or minimize losses unlike with bookies , i hav sum ideas already that make me money but you learn fast that nothing is certain ,
    there must be a formula to stay ahead tho
    good luck

In terms of the above I dont, I think it takes research plus bank 30% of winnnings.

I do have a horse system, small fields, leaving out sprints and long races, find a fav you dont fancy, bet on the second fav you fancy.

If you lose double your bet plus add some on,until you win, obviously you must start with a small stake, tried it for a month once, weeks 1-3 made 3-400 hundred quid a week, throught I had cracked it.

Forth week got over confident started betting larger fields,.....Lost 12 in a row, £1200quid.

Might try it again when I get time and put it on a thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,701 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

yea i'd love to see that thread, i turn 27 quid into 1700 a while back and of course blew it....

• Registered Users Posts: 23 trynabe

me 2 ,if it works wel head to the bahamas
    serious try it ,post it ,do it
    good luck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,190 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

I thought you were making all your money on roulette?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,510 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

In terms of the above I dont, I think it takes research plus bank 30% of winnnings.

I do have a horse system, small fields, leaving out sprints and long races, find a fav you dont fancy, bet on the second fav you fancy.

If you lose double your bet plus add some on,until you win, obviously you must start with a small stake, tried it for a month once, weeks 1-3 made 3-400 hundred quid a week, throught I had cracked it.

Forth week got over confident started betting larger fields,.....Lost 12 in a row, £1200quid.

Might try it again when I get time and put it on a thread.

That doubling up system is a route to the poorhouse. I wouldn't bother with it.

Advertisement