Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€1 Kopperberg as well as other beers and ciderse

Options
  • 03-10-2008 2:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭

Devaneys off license in Rathmines has a fridge for produce "approaching" its best before date. Everything in this fridge is €1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Love Kopperberg, wicked price they are in the pubs though....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭sunnyjim

Any chance of an address?!

I'm in Kevin Street right now, I'm gonna go to this place the minute I can get directions. Help a brother here!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

lower rathmines road, same side of the road as the swan centre, nearer the tesco though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭sunnyjim

Excellent. 20 more minutes writing this report and I'm outta here!

Much appreesh Kap'n!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Check the dates ;)

Devaneys offies have a tradition of selling old out of date bevs to students

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭podge018

Depending on the drink anything up to a year after the best before date is fine.

I'd be wary of alco-pops though, they'd make you sick out of date I reckon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭heggie

probably, they're sick enough in date.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

cider gets better with age anyway :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

nice one....know what else is in the fridge?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭Onikage

I'm guessing Mugshots, Smirnoff Mule and Woodys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭frobisher

Onikage wrote: »
    I'm guessing Mugshots, Smirnoff Mule and Woodys.

Pictures of criminals, cowboy cartoon figures and a vodka drunk donkey? Worth a yoyo I guess. :p I'll get my coat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 kevo9999

how much is usually a bottle of kopperberg ??

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

kevo9999 wrote: »
    how much is usually a bottle of kopperberg ??
    Was in the offo earlier today (A centra) and that Ribena mixed berry kopperberg was 3.40+ per bottle iirc :eek::eek:, Was shocked to tell you the truth, not sure if its the same in all offos but I'm guessing not cheap! Centra Temple Bar btw

Nick

ah man ur havin a laugh thats ****in a laod of sh*te

Nah, It was deffo in or around that price, unless the wrong price was being displayed which is doubtful, as i said not sure if thats a over infalted price due to location, but I did think it was quite odd for a 500ml bottle

Nick

ah how about bottles of druids do u kno off hand how much they are ?

ah how about bottles of druids do u kno off hand how much they are ?
    I paid 9 quid for 6 cans of druids today, not sure if thats the general price, but seems reasonable, not at all sure about bottles of druids...

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

How about instead of going into such a quality off license as that and getting €1 bottles of piss you talk to the people who run it and ask them for suggestions of good quality premium beer? You might even get a taste!
    I have yet to go in there but it is well known among ICB members to be a quality establishment where they know their beer like a good wine shop knows their wine.

Unless of course the bargain fridge also contains some €1 bottles of decent beer?

Here is their normal pricelist

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭conor052001

anyone been down yet?
    whens the best before date?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Keith C

thread was created 6 months ago, just got a drunken bump by the looks of things! bit like the missus!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Saruman wrote: »
    How about instead of going into such a quality off license as that and getting €1 bottles of piss you talk to the people who run it and ask them for suggestions of good quality premium beer? You might even get a taste!
    I have yet to go in there but it is well known among ICB members to be a quality establishment where they know their beer like a good wine shop knows their wine.

Unless of course the bargain fridge also contains some €1 bottles of decent beer?

Here is their normal pricelist

Kopperberg is quality cider.

Had 6 cans of Druids Cider last nite, not really a cider fan but they were not bad at all, quite strong though

Nick

Tusky wrote: »
    Kopperberg is quality cider.

Its an alcopop (taxed as anyway) not a cider, there is nothing quality about it.
    It is more like cabonated pear juice with alcohol in it. In other words like a pear wine, carbonated and sugar added to sweeten.

Have you ever actually had Cider? Real Cider I mean? I am not even talking about Bulmers as that is a Cider that has sugar added to sweeten it.

Real Cider is dry and has no sweetness at all, It is closer to a dry white wine.

It is only quality if you like that sort of sugary sweet stuff that tastes like syrup and in that case you might as well have fruit juice and save your kidneys the bother.

Saruman wrote: »
    Its an alcopop (taxed as anyway) not a cider, there is nothing quality about it.
    It is more like cabonated pear juice with alcohol in it. In other words like a pear wine, carbonated and sugar added to sweeten.

Have you ever actually had Cider? Real Cider I mean? I am not even talking about Bulmers as that is a Cider that has sugar added to sweeten it.

Real Cider is dry and has no sweetness at all, It is closer to a dry white wine.

It is only quality if you like that sort of sugary sweet stuff that tastes like syrup and in that case you might as well have fruit juice and save your kidneys the bother.
    Very good post m8, the mixed fruit kopperberg is the worst though I'm sure, my m8s mad into the stuff! Tastes literly like ribena with 5% alcohol thrown on top, bulmers is quite sweet and isnt all that great and its expensive, if I was to drink ciders id prob go for the stonehouse/druids ones as I've had them and there nice, but you'll feel them going down allot more than the kopperberg/bulmers types!

Nick

The mixed fruit tastes like cough syrup to me, and the pear when I tasted it first was lovely but I could not finish it because it was too sweet and sugary.

Im a bitter hoppy beer drinker. I have made my own Cider and it was lovely and dry, could have done with a little more taste but it was my first Cider so was to be expected.

My Beer is pretty good though, that reminds me.. I should go get one from the fridge :D

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Milly82

O'Briens are doing bottles of Carlsberg and Stella Artois for €1 at the mo. Not sure if it is all O'Briens off-licence's but we got some in the O'Brien's at the Beacon in Sandyford. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭TM

Milly82 wrote: »
    O'Briens are doing bottles of Carlsberg and Stella Artois for €1 at the mo. Not sure if it is all O'Briens off-licence's but we got some in the O'Brien's at the Beacon in Sandyford. :)
    O'Briens in the Maple Centre, Navan Road/Cabra Cross, D7 have this offer too so I presume it's across all their stores?

Some (all?) Centras have Stella 330ml bottles for €1.09 and often (up to recently anyway) Warsteiner 330ml bottles for €1.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

Most of the Spar/Centra/Londis in town sell it from anywhere from 2.40€ to 3.99€ for the bottle. The bottle are normal ~40-80c most expensive then the cans.
    yoyo wrote: »
    Was in the offo earlier today (A centra) and that Ribena mixed berry kopperberg was 3.40+ per bottle iirc :eek::eek:, Was shocked to tell you the truth, not sure if its the same in all offos but I'm guessing not cheap! Centra Temple Bar btw

Nick
    yoyo wrote: »
    Nah, It was deffo in or around that price, unless the wrong price was being displayed which is doubtful, as i said not sure if thats a over infalted price due to location, but I did think it was quite odd for a 500ml bottle

Nick

Advertisement