Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

16GB Dane Elec USB 2.0 Flash Drive - €32 delivered [7 Day Shop)

Options
  • 03-10-2008 1:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43,797 ✭✭✭✭

Looks like a paracetamol tablet! ;)

prod_104373.jpg
    (click here if you can't see image)

Good price.. memory really is getting cheaper and cheaper.

Price excludes £7.95 delivery.. so works out at under €32 delivered.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭joenailface

thats an insane price for that :D definatly gonna be getting one of them, 2 euro per gig for them kind of devices is insanely good, thanks OP :D

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭maninaskirt

Hi Folks, Mymemory.com are cheaper, look here:

http://www.mymemory.co.uk/USB-Flash-Drives/Lexar/Lexar-16GB-JumpDrive-Firefly---Red

They have a few at that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭bazual

Not cheaper if you are getting 5 of them.

Just bought 5 for a group of us off 7dayshop for €120 delivered, so about €24 euro each. Its £7.95 delivery regardless how many you get.

mymemory costs €135 for 5 delivered.

Thanks OP

B~

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

I posted a better deal a week ago, choice of four 16Gb USB flash drives for £21 (about €27) delivered from MyMemory: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055386443

You're losing your bargain bagging touch Basquille! :D :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭sue97

Thanks, got 2 of these. Might be cheaper around but this one is cute :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

Damned, we have ordered eight 8 GB drives yesterday. Delivered about €9.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,364 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

basquille wrote: »

prod_104373.jpg

There's a foot note on this item:

Please note: The loop at the rear of the key drive is not suitable for attaching to a key ring and can either damage the key ring or the key drive.

What's that all about?

-

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 43,797 ✭✭✭✭Basq

There's a foot note on this item:

Please note: The loop at the rear of the key drive is not suitable for attaching to a key ring and can either damage the key ring or the key drive.

What's that all about?

-
    I think it means the ring / loop at the tail end of the key is very small.. and not suitable to be fitted on a key-ring (which is pretty believable considering the size comparison of the USB key and the ring).

I think it means the ring / loop at the tail end of the key is very small.. and not suitable to be fitted on a key-ring (which is pretty believable considering the size comparison of the USB key and the ring).

The ring must be for a neck strap or something like that so?

-

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 BobJones

you can pick up a Kingston 16GB Delivered to Ireland for €35 on ebay.

Link

• Advertisement

I have one of these DaneElec USB drives from 7DayShop, they're small, but well built and fast. They give the warning because the tiny metal ring at the end is not that strong, anyone with an ounce of sense could see it's not suitable for attaching to a belt loop, key ring , etc .... they're just covering themeselves. The USB drive is perfect, mine has a lovely brushed rubber soft feel.

P.S. Just a bit more annoyed than usual about 7DayShop. They're offering half price delivery to the UK until 6th. October but not to Ireland. Now they're charging £6 more to deliver here :mad: :
    UK NORMAL DISPATCH - £1.95 - Until Monday 6th October.
    • Average Dispatch Times: 1-3 working days
    • Average Delivery Times from dispatch: 3-5 working days

EIRE DISPATCH - £7.95
    • Average Dispatch Times: 1-3 working days
    • Average Delivery Times from dispatch: 3-5 working days
    http://www.7dayshop.com/catalog/info.php?PHPSESSID=6a2f9bbc2856b24f95c9b68ab9def9b8

Oracle wrote: »
    I have one of these DaneElec USB drives from 7DayShop, they're small, but well built and fast. They give the warning because the tiny metal ring at the end is not that strong, anyone with an ounce of sense could see it's not suitable for attaching to a belt loop, key ring , etc .... they're just covering themeselves. The USB drive is perfect, mine has a lovely brushed rubber soft feel.

How bulky is it width wise (thickness wise) Oracle?

Any restrictions connecting it to ports beside ones that already have a device plugged in?

-

Hi gadgetman496, I have the 1Gb version of this drive, so assuming this one's the same (looks identical) it's 1/2 inch (12mm) thick at it's widest point. Because of it's small size I've found no problem connecting it beside other devices or flash drives.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Hi Folks, Mymemory.com are cheaper, look here:

http://www.mymemory.co.uk/USB-Flash-Drives/Lexar/Lexar-16GB-JumpDrive-Firefly---Red

They have a few at that price.

Thanks, no way I'd pay 8 sterling for delivery.

prod_104373.jpg

Slightly off topic but I'm curious as to what other posters think of this idea?

7dayshop also have a twin pack same model pen drive Dane-Elec 2 x 8GB for £17.99

8GB is still a fair bit of storage (for any one large item anyway) even a fully uncompressed movie (VOB format) only weighs in at around 4.5GB & considering that if anything happened to the 16GB drive it would be game over. Bearing in mind that the main use for pen drives would be transporting data from one location to another as opposed to using them for any type of permanent storage. Would it be wiser to run with two 8GB's for pretty much the same price? only £1 in the difference.

All your eggs in the one basket & all that ;)

Any thoughts?

2x8gbsq1.jpg
    -

jayteecork wrote: »
    Thanks, no way I'd pay 8 sterling for delivery.

I posted two 16Gb drives for £20 each, with free delivery, on a different thread: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055391660

prod_104373.jpg

Anyone know exactly what RAPID 170x means?

-

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Anyone know exactly what RAPID 170x means?

-
    It might be either the read or write speeds. More likely to be read. I'd love to know the write speeds.

Advertisement