Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hdip in Education question

Options
  • 03-10-2008 1:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hi all

I am a final year Arts student (Geog and Music) in NUIM and I would like to do the PGDE next year. I know I have to apply this December but I was wondering is it only my second year results that are accepted or does any of my third year results go towards it. As I only got a 2.2 in second year I am quite worried as I would rather complete it asap rather than taking a year out. I am also looking at the North as an option for doing it.

Any help would be appreciated,
    Thanks
    Rio

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭sitstill

If you're in your final year then all of the NUI colleges will look at your 2nd year results and it depends, a 2.2 may get you enough points, but most people I know would have had 2.1s or higher. So you have 3 options then, apply and just see what happens, wait and apply next year when they will look at your degree mark which hopefully will be higher, or apply in Trinity this year and possibly get in because they take other factors into account and not just your grades.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,933 ✭✭✭Rosita

If you are thinking of applying for the next one then only your second year results will be considered and to be honest you won't get in with a 2.2.

You'd need 62%-64% to be in with a shout based on the last three years of points accepted for that course.

Despite Trinity looking at other factors I would be surprised if the grades does not loom large in their consideration too.

Advertisement