Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FFPW's 2-day Professional Wrestling Camp, 1st & 2nd of November 2008.

Options
  • 03-10-2008 12:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭

FFPW's next 2-day Professional Wrestling Camp will take place on the 1st & 2nd of November 2008. The camp will begin on Saturday the 1st and will commence from 12pm- 6pm and will restart Sunday the 2nd at 12pm and continue on until 6pm again.

The camp is open to all Professional Wrestlers/Trainee Wrestlers from all promotions home or abroad. As with all FFPW Training Camps there will be a high level of intensity and work rate throughout.

Our trainers all holds a 1st Degree Black Grade in Shoot/Submission Wrestling. Our main focus will be Professional Wrestling although we will include some Shoot/Submission Wrestling, Various MMA Techniques and Fitness Work during the camp. We will also cover various other aspects of Professional Wrestling including microphone/promo work and interview skills.

The camp is open to new trainees aged 14 and over. To make sure trainees are training with people their own age, we will split the group into two groups. One for trainees aged 14-17 and another group for 18 years and older.

Trainees will require no specific equipment for training. T-shirts, shorts, tracksuit bottoms, etc., would be suitable. Knee and elbow pads are advisable but not essential. Only wrestling/boxing boots or martial arts shoes are permitted in the ring or on the training mats. Trainees who do not have such footwear may train barefoot.

The camp will cater for all levels of ability as the training course will be spilt into various groups throughout the weekend based on ability levels. For example - participants may be split into - a group for beginner trainees, a group for intermediate level trainees/wrestlers, and a group for advanced wrestlers.

FFPW are always on the lookout for the next big star in Irish Wrestling, but we are also looking out for Manager, Valets, Announcers & Referee's, both Men &
    Women 18 years and older. We will provide training for each one if required.

The venue for the camp is 'The Fight Factory' (formerly the NWA Ireland Training Facility, which is located at the rear of –

10 Dublin Road,(beside the Coach Inn)
    Bray.
    Co. Wicklow
    Ireland.

Trainees may stay overnight in the gym if they wish although there are plenty of hotels and B&B's in the area.

The cost of the camp is just €35 per person. To ensure that trainees get maximum benefit from the camp, places will be limited to 25 people.

Facilities at the venue include –

A large matted area.
    Punching bags and fight gloves
    Crash mats
    Professional Wrestling Ring.
    Weights area

The camp will conclude with a Questions and Answers Session to give trainees an insight into the Professional Wrestling Business and to answer any questions arising for the training. Followed by a Friends & Family Wrestling Show which will involve all trainees at the camp if they wish to take part.

Shops and services are located close by and are within walking distance. The nearest train station is Bray Station which is easy to get to via the Dart from Dublin City Centre or via Inter-City trains from Rosslare/Wexford. On arrival at Bray station trainees will see Bray Cabs located opposite the station. Trainees should ask to be taken to the Coach Inn on the Dublin Road, Bray. Our training Facility is located within a 30 second walk and approximately 100 yards from here. The cost of the cab is approximately 5 Euro per car (up to 4 persons). The buses 45, 84 and 145 from Dublin City Centre also leave you outside the Facilty.

To reserve your place at the camp ro for more information please contact us at:

E-mail: ffpw@hotmail.com
    Ph: (00353) 857356972

Please note: that although the instructors for this course are fully qualified to coach, that the cost of the camp does not cover personal accident insurance for trainees. Trainees (and their parents if under 18 years old) will be required to sign liability waiver forms and acknowledging the fact that they will be learning a combat sport and are at risk

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

I knew it was november :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Luas Lane

FFPW???? Is this another new Irish promotion??? Ive never heard of it. Or is it a break away group from NWA?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

... or a group broken away from the NWA.

Luas Lane wrote: »
    FFPW???? Is this another new Irish promotion??? Ive never heard of it. Or is it a break away group from NWA?
    ShawnRaven wrote: »
    ... or a group broken away from the NWA.

... :rolleyes:

... :rolleyes:

Problem, son?

• Advertisement

Problem, son?

Whats the difference, apart from grammar?

A break away group, implies that that a part of a promotion broke away from an organisation

A group broken away from an organisation implies that nothing was left behind.
    At least, that's how it was supposed to be taken.

A break away group, implies that that a part of a promotion broke away from an organisation

A group broken away from an organisation implies that nothing was left behind.
    At least, that's how it was supposed to be taken.

So would i be right in saying that FFPW has but all ties with NWA?

So would i be right in saying that FFPW has but all ties with NWA?

Damned if i know, i'm not affiliated with them. :)
    That's just mere speculation on my part.

Damned if i know, i'm not affiliated with them. :)
    That's just mere speculation on my part.

Fair enough, cant really argue with that. :o

But seeing as we dont know, both yours and luas line's comments were true?

• Advertisement

Fair enough, cant really argue with that. :o

Then please, for the sake of the sanity of the regular posters, stop trying to!

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭FFPW Office

Just to clear the air on a few things.

FFPW <Fight Factory Pro Wrestling> is run by original NWA Ireland members but due to the current working relationship with most Wrestling promotions in the country, FFPW is not part of NWA Ireland.

The main reason being, that all the experienced talent at FFPW each Sunday is working for all the irish wrestling promotions and we don't want wrestlers to think that training with FFPW means that they have to only work with us and no-one else.

We operate as a training school, the most successful training school in Ireland and now the door is open for anyone to come and train with us. No matter which promotion they may or may not represent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Jimmy McMurtry

Why bother taking a shot at your "rivals"?why even acknowledge them since your supposed to be the representative for FFPW?Thats what multiple accounts are for :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

Fair play. Hope it works out for you. One trend in wrestling I could do with out is the "Office" tag line on all "official" information. There's no office, we all know you are doing this from work or from your bed room.:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Kev Rocks

Just a quick note to say that the camp has been moved to the 8th and 9th due to reasons beyond any control!

cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭FFPW Office

Thanks Kev,

The Camp has been moved due to our ring being used by American Rampage for their Irish dates.

So the new date for the camp is one week later on the 8th and 9th of November.

Kev Rocks wrote: »
    Just a quick note to say that the camp has been moved to the 8th and 9th due to reasons beyond any control!

cheers!

:pac: Kev, i know you wanted to sound proper, but you'd think it was robbed or something. :p

Thanks for the heads up too :)
    Thanks Kev,

The Camp has been moved due to our ring being used by American Rampage for their Irish dates.

So the new date for the camp is one week later on the 8th and 9th of November.

Awesome :D
    So technically i could say i wrestled in the same ring as sabu?
    sweeet.

Advertisement