Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best sniper rifle

Options
  • 02-10-2008 10:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭

go ahead pic hahahaha

which is your favorite sniper refle 27 votes

aps2
    0% 0 votes
    l96
    3% 1 vote
    vsr
    29% 8 votes
    bar10
    33% 9 votes
    ssg
    25% 7 votes
    m21
    7% 2 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭amaughan

come on aps2 hahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

It's not even a competition. TM VSR G-spec. It's the benchmark by which all airsoft sniper rifles are measured. Next after that is the Maruzen M700 variants.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Kristov

ive got the CA M24 Socom with 6.03 tight bore upgraded cylinder and vacum piston .
    it fires at 325 almost everytime and once i sorted the hopup its better than most i reckon .

close second would have to be the KJ M700P gas power although it could do with a decent barrel fitted its fairly accurate as standard .only bad thing is the gas it lowers the fps in the cold and ups it a tad in warm weather .

ive tried the well 96 and vsr also used the CA M14 for a while but to date the M24 takes it for me ..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

I voted for the L96, the Maruzen version that is, only ever compared it to the SSG and the VSR though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

This, Kthxbai!

wheres me prize?

:D

2859808397_5c18be6be2.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 521 ✭✭✭The Warehouse

Where is the M14 choice?

The M14 isn't a sniper rifle. It's a marksmans rifle. Bolt action rifles are used by snipers due to the far superior performance by comparison to auto/semi auto rifles. Snipers do use M14's in some situations, but it's not classed as a sniper rifle.

The M21 in the poll is a sniper rifle based on the M14 so thats that kind of covered.

The M110 which is a modified SR25 will replace the M24 in the US army. The M110 being a semi auto is claimed to have the same level of accuracy as the bolt action M24! But thats getting away from airsoft.

Claimed, not proven. The clock on my car claims it can reach 140, that won't happen unless it's dropped from a plane without a 'chute.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭DisasterIRL

NakedDex wrote: »
    Claimed, not proven. The clock on my car claims it can reach 140, that won't happen unless it's dropped from a plane without a 'chute.

Ha ha ha, I agree I don't believe it would be able to achieve the same accuracy and the US army use the M40A1 as there standard sniper rifle, then the Barret M82A1 for there anti material sniper. US police forces use the M24

And I would have voted for the M40A1 if it was there, one of the nicest sniper rifles ever in my opinion.

Shows how accurate the m24 is

• Advertisement

USMC use the M40, US army use the M24.

vtec wrote: »
    This, Kthxbai!

wheres me prize?

:D

2859808397_5c18be6be2.jpg

that would be the most perfect gun i have ever seen if ya had the rifle scope that tony has

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭seamus-2k7

I hope for their sake the person who voted for the ssg was joking, seriously ssg is better than a gspec?:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,873 ✭✭✭spicymchaggis

what about the sr-25 sniper, 50 cal and dragonov?

Same as what Dex said above, the SR25 and Dragonov are DMRs not sniper rifles per say.

I don't think too many people will fork out for the M82 .50 and get is down graded for our market tbh, what would be the point other than the cool factor of course.

I wouldn't mind the DSR1 in there but not many snipers here are willing to pay around $700 plus customs and duty on one of those. I would though if I had that kind of cash burning a hole somewhere, I love the look of the DSR1.

what about the sr-25 sniper, 50 cal and dragonov?

both of them are marksman rifles believe it or not.

amaughan wrote: »
    that would be the most perfect gun i have ever seen if ya had the rifle scope that tony has

Funny you sohuld say that, When them scopes came in i took the very first one.,:D
    The pic was taken just after i painted it and i didnt get the scope for a couple of days later so it has the standard crappy on in that., its a deadly scope by the way, id highly reccomend it since adjusting the windage and elevation is sooo easy.,no tools at all.,:)

yeah its funny watchin my mate stress out with his screw driver haha.yeah that scope really completes the gun looks the dogs round bits.how did you go about painting it man

its pretty easy to strip so it wasnt very hand, theres very little masking involved in it., just need to get yourself a decent plastic primer and a pain of your choice, give the rifle a good clean with panel wipe or something similar, then rough it up a bit with a nice light sand paper., then whack the primer on.,:)

nice one man it just dont look right all black ha

• Advertisement
Advertisement