Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about M11A1 and G18

Options
  • 02-10-2008 7:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭

After a long time out of airsoft, I'm thinking of buying the KSC Mac 11 and a JG Glock18 clone from gunner. I'm selling my JG BAR 10 to a friend.

What I want to know is, do they both run on propane? I have an adapter so it's really handy to just be able to buy propane for a fraction of the price of airsoft gases.

I think I remember someone telling me they run on green gas, this is the same as propane, right? I have a feeling the Mac 11 might run on H134A (?) though.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Yeah, the Mac runs Propane(Green Gas), shoots a little over 300 as far as I remember. The G18 is only new but with metal slide ect its 99% likely you wont have a problem using propane in it.

BTW, Mac will NOT take excel bbs, need to use anoter brand(minature size difference).

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Frank the Manc

they need KSC BBs to run properly, do any of the irish retailers carry these does anyone know?

the mac will run propane alright, youre officially meant to use 134a due to the plastic bolt but thats really just for warmer climates

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

they need KSC BBs to run properly, do any of the irish retailers carry these does anyone know?

the mac will run propane alright, youre officially meant to use 134a due to the plastic bolt but thats really just for warmer climates

Not necesarily, though they work. Excels are one of the smallest bbs, think they are like 5.85-89mm. Anyways, there are many sniper bbs that will work, along with others. I use Blaster .3s(Not duds like the ones others had before) in my brothers, not a problem with it. Macs are only for CQB anyways so the range drop doesnt matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Frank the Manc

yeah blaster was the other brand i was thinking of, its all down to the OD measurement really, but ive never had a side ejection or jam with the KSC but have had the occasional one with blaster

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Juse get a HFC mag for it and all your BB problems are solved., should have got the HFC Mac in the first place, its a nicer gun.,
    Both will run on propane but you'll have to check on the hammer on the G18 from time to time, they can wear after a fair bit of use. i dunno if thats gonna be the case with the JG but the KWA does it.,

• Advertisement
Advertisement