Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tin whistle

Options
  • 02-10-2008 5:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭

does anyone know any good tin whistle songs or were to find them?? Iv been playing the same songs for a while now so id really like to learn new ones!! thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭aoife2k

www.tunedb.com

Find tunes by their name, the first few notes or just search for whatever tune type you want and in whatever key you fancy... happy tin-whistling :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

Check out the resourse list sticky in the forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭fh041205

Planxty's Si bheag, Si mhor is quite a good one for the whistle. Nice pace to play along with. I'm assuming you're somewhat of a beginner.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

fh041205 wrote: »
    I'm assuming you're somewhat of a beginner.

im not quite a beginner but i havent played in a year or so, so im a bit rusty!

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭fh041205

sup_dude wrote: »
    im not quite a beginner but i havent played in a year or so, so im a bit rusty!

In any case its a nice tune. Best of luck.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Alaska Paul

Kerry Slides, as played by Crubeen on their LP album 20+ years ago is a great tune on the tin whistle. I taught my 12-year old son to play it. Lots of fun. Play it inside in the winter if you are up in Alaska, or you will ice up at -20C. Heh :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 gregoryp

As there are so many tunes out there its difficult to assume what tunes your already playing. Also, I'm a little unsure if you learn by ear or sheet music. Anyway, no matter I hope this helps.

Albums that might be useful: Mary Bergin (2), Brian Hughes, Carmel Gunning.

Tunes that you might like - broken in to polkas, hornpipes, jigs, reels etc. I'm sure if you google you will find sheet music.

Early in the morning
    The Road to Garavan
    Britches full of stitches

Off to Califonia
    The Fairies hornpipe
    Dunphy's hornpipe

Dever the Dancer
    Emer's Jig
    The Battering Ram

Glen Allen Reel
    Sally Gardens
    Bag of Spuds