Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What part of 'The Training' are you most excited about?

• 02-10-2008 5:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭

Whether you've got your 'Welcome on board letter'
    OR
    you're hoping to get one some time in the next 20years
    OR
    if your in garnerville already.

What part of the training do you most look forward to?

Personally, all of it sounds quite interesting (feel free to step in and correct me!)

But mostly I'm looking forward to the driver training.
    Does anyone know how extensive it is?
    Are their different courses for all different vehichles?
    What ones do they put you through in training?
    What about us poor youngers ones with no C1 for Tangis?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭BoutYe

I just can't wait to get started but I suppose im quite looking forward to the driving training too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭PEGGYSUE'S MAMA

Am such a cack driver, such a blonde when it comes to parking etc....that'd be one thing I would not be looking forward too much to.

Haven't really thought very much about what role I'd like to take on...if i get in. Am thinking the dog section, wish we had a mounted branch like strathclyde or the met, that'd be something class! Ever seen a crim being chased up a busy sat afternoon high street by 2 cops on horseback, I have is unreal! But then again getting involved in the domestic violence/child protection things appeals to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Penis Eye

i think the paperwork training is going to be ace. learning how to fill in mountains of paperwork is my dream.

after that i suppose it would be the driving!! and possibly the cs gas training also!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭JVB

'I love the smell of paperwork in the morning' :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Penis Eye

just the morning? thats kinda timeist!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭JVB

think Apocalypse Now ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 parky84

I can't wait for the driving training but worried about the studying it's been a while since school but i also think it will be a lot more interesting than the old school work :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Rob-117

I know you're all thinking firearms training really :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 721 ✭✭✭goodcopbadcop

Im looking forward to just passing it all ok :eek:

But also the drivng and use of guns too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭Mr.Anderson

Rob-117 wrote: »
    I know you're all thinking firearms training really :D

Think you need to be in the psychic division :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 721 ✭✭✭goodcopbadcop

I want to train how to take out a terrorist from 200 miles away with just a pen knife and some fishing line

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭Mr.Anderson

I just wanna be in the SWAT team, so when you guys are in diffs, we get called to sort the problem out! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭carlty888

Police sniper!!!

You know it makes sense.

:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭conor123

the problem with the training is that all the best stuff happens after graduation when you come back for the next ten weeks. thats your driving, firearms, public order and tactical entry etc.
    we pretty much have 20 weeks of hard graft and study to do before the fun stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭suziesaysso

my boyfriend says that if i get a gun he gets a sportscar. a mid-twenties crisis methinks. cannot wait to get behind the wheel of a souped up police car personally - skid pan all the way!

Advertisement