Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst Week

Options
  • 02-10-2008 3:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭

Has anyone here given this a spin yet ?

2 have been screened so far. I am curious if there are any good new comedies this season. Matecritic rates it a 'Meh'.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I think it's good. It's a pure Meet the Parents clone, but not in the way that Guess Who was a clone, this one retains the humor.

Both episodes so far ended in a way that looks like it should continue immediately in the next episode, but the end of episode 1 was not touched in episode 2. I wonder will it be brought back later, or is that just not going to be mentioned again, and instead just getting on with the slapstick.

Worth watching, but expect lots of brainless humor involving pissing on food, breast pumps, untimely deaths of family pets, and pretty much everything out of the Meet the Parents and Meet the Fockers scripts.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,815 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Yet another British comedy remade by the US..

Though in fairness, I didn't think the original was all that great.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

It's pretty funny as far as slapstick goes - as Jor El says it's essentially a "Meet the Parents" clone. This is the only new comedy besides "Gary Unmarried" that I've watched this season and I thought this was funnier, albeit in a kinda brainless way. Can't see it lasting though - even if it did, the format doesn't suit anything longer than 1 (fairly short) season without becoming completely ridiculous... Still, I'll probably watch any subsequent episodes, when there's nothing else to watch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Worst Week of my Life (BBC) was hilarious. Great, top draw cast helped.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0401995/

Mike

Advertisement