Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keith Duffy Joins "Fair City"

Options
  • 02-10-2008 3:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭

I have just read in the papers today that Keith Duffy is to join the cast of Fair City. I saw "Tracey" on Ireland Am last week and she said there's a new "Boss" in Fair City, looks like the new boss means business. Happy days for all us "Fair City" fans, with lots to look forward to.........:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Hawk Wing

class

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,647 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

firstly i love fair city but this will really add to the realism off th eprogramme as KD is a **** actor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭MS.MONEYPENNY

Hawk Wing wrote: »
    class
    Yeap! Agree 100% ;)Reckon this could be good as it seems he's coming in as an old friend of "Keith the Mechanic", who I think plays a Blinder with "Ray", which has also answered my question as to when the Comedy Duo were coming back. In for plenty of laughs I'd say.......:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Boyzone's Keith Duffy is joining RTE's top Irish soap Fair City.
    Keith, who previously starred in Coronation Street, will be joining the cast in Carrigstown at the end of November.
    He will play the role of Ringo Leyden, a hospital nurse and former best friend of mechanic Keith McGrath.
    He will appear on screen briefly at first before returning for a major storyline in the New Year.
    And yesterday Keith said he was really excited about joining the soap.
    He added: "As a show that has always been on in the house, I'm excited to now be joining the cast of this leading Irish drama.
    "Although Ringo makes just a small appearance this year, keep watching next year for my triumphant return."
    Fair City executive producer Brigie de Courcy said Keith's acting skills would be a great addition to the Fair City cast.
    She added: "We are delighted that Keith will be joining the cast. He is a fine actor with a powerful screen presence.
    "Keith's character Ringo will cause a bit of a stir when he arrives in Carrigstown." An insider said: "Ringo is Una's sister's boyfriend and is quite a big personality.
    "There's going to be an encounter with Keith when Ringo first arrives in Fair City."
    After Boyzone split Keith turned his hand to acting and television presenting.
    He had high profile roles in a number of hit shows including Corrie, The Clinic and on stage in Dublin's Olympia with Dandelions alongside Deirdre O'Kane and Pauline McLynn. And even though Boyzone have now reformed, Keith said he still wanted to keep up his acting career.
    Keith, who turned 34 yesterday, loved his role in Corrie as cheeky barman Ciaran McCarthy but felt he had to quit the soap as he was spending too much time away from his wife Lisa and their children Jordan, 12, and eight-year-old Mia.
    But in the past he said he would love to become a Carrigstown character as it would mean he could pursue his passion for acting while going home to his kids every night.
    He added: "I just want to act and a job in Fair City would be ideal. It's filmed in Dublin where I live and it would let me be with my wife Lisa and our children."
    Boyzone are currently in the UK promoting their new single Love You Anyway. They are also due to release a greatest hits album Back Again No Matter What on October 10.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 801 ✭✭✭jobucks

woooo wooo woooo excellent:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

To be fair to guy in real life he is a down to earth kind of character. He is a journeyman actor, singer, celeb and is just doing his thing. The acting is so bad on that show anyway he will fit right in. Also that new boy zone song is pants. If that is their comeback song it will be a short comeback.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Roses are red

Fair City just keeps getting better.Keith Duffy is a good actor enjoyed Corrie when he was in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭xbox36016

next we will have some one from takethat in fair city

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Oh for God's sake

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

JP Liz wrote: »

Boyzone's Keith Duffy is joining RTE's top Irish soap Fair City.
    Keith, who previously starred in Coronation Street, will be joining the cast in Carrigstown at the end of November.
    He will play the role of Ringo Leyden, a hospital nurse and former best friend of mechanic Keith McGrath.
    He will appear on screen briefly at first before returning for a major storyline in the New Year.

What odds on Keith appearing in November as planned

- but when his character returns in January there's a different actor playing Ringo.

??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Casey ca

Keith is appearing this Thurs so dont miss it!

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭joewicklow

Ah Jaysus....Did ya see him!"!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭JæKæ

What a career
    Boyzone, Coronation St, Fair City
    What next?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

JæKæ wrote: »
    What a career
    What next?

The Fair City Christmas Special: Keith Duffy vs the scumbags in an epic matrix style fight through the streets of Carigstown. As the body count piles up......will this christmas turn out to bleedin rapih or a bleedin nightmare?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭johndaman66

JæKæ wrote: »
    What a career
    What next?

Mc'Donald's?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Alessandra

In fairness, he came along way in his acting by the time he left Coronation Street from when he started. I might tune in to see how he is getting on nowadays though before I comment any furtherl..

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭coffey-16

Mc'Donald's?

Thats too good for him.....binman maybe..if hes lucky enough

Advertisement