Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London Metropolitan University

Options
  • 02-10-2008 12:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭

I'm thinking of doing a course in London Metropolitan University, probably beginning in 2010 as the 2009 applications are closing soon and I haven't decided completely yet. The courses I'm looking at are in the London City Campus (commercial road).

Anyone else here going to, or go to this University?

Any advice? :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Undergrad or postgrad?

For general info try looking at www.thestudentroom.co.uk

Mostly written by undergrads but they usually are very helpful. If you have specific questions about course content or student life there's plenty there to help you out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

It's an undergrad course.

Thanks for the link! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 43 adastra

Hi Dord,

I was at LMU last year. I did a graduate psychology course, and all of my lectures were at the city campus. To be honest, I didn't think the uni was great. It's quite shabby (the parts I was in anyway), and the library isn't the best. As far as transport goes, its a three minute walk from the tube, so thats a bonus. The PC facilities were not very good, and I just got a bad vibe from the place, if that makes sense. Now, I may have been biased having come straight from three years in NUI Galway, which is such a lovely place.

I was living in student accomodation in Tottenham. Stay away from this area at all costs. One day me and one of my flatmates went to the shop and we passed two men trying to cut a clamp off a car with some kind of electric saw, we were spat at by a kid at the bus stop, and then in the shop the man in front of us in the queue tried to say he'd gotten the wrong change, and told the guy behind the counter he was going to come back and 'cut him up'.

In my experience, London as a tourist destination is lovely. It's a stunning city, and you only see the nice bits. I'd go back to visit any time. But I'd never live there again. Its riduculously expensive, the people are rude, its too crowded, and once you head away from the tourist spots it can be pretty dodgy, and I didn't really feel safe.

I'm really sorry if I put you off, thats just my experience of the place. You could well go and have the time of your life! Good luck, wherever you decide to go:)

Advertisement