Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone Prepay?

Options
  • 02-10-2008 11:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

Hi, i was thinking of getting myself and iPhone or asking Santy for one but i am currently pre pay, is any network offering this or is it just o2 on bill pay?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

Short answer is nope - only O2 on bill pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭hdunne

ok thanks, the cheapest per month in 45euro i probably need less. if thats your short answer whats the long answer :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

O2 will have an pre-pay iPhone on sale sometime in the near future, i think november is looking most likely.

expect to be raped in the wallet though for the phone and then for data charges.

Cremo wrote: »
    O2 will have an pre-pay iPhone on sale sometime in the near future, i think november is looking most likely.

expect to be raped in the wallet though for the phone and then for data charges.

yeah i can imagine they will be expensive, probably get them released for christams i'd say.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭jkb_dub

Carphone warehouse in the UK are offering the iphone on pay as you go so we should see it before Christmas. 8GB starts at £349 from what I can see

• Advertisement

thats €444 euro :eek: if they don'd add a little like shops always do, maybe i'll stick to what i have

raping my pocket was right!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

Cremo's comment was the long answer :D.

As others said, it's not going to be cheap - especially with O2. Unlocked iPhones are sold in some countries (like Italy) with a price tag of €569 for the 16GB. Since the operator does not really gain much of anything having you on prepay compared to bill pay, I wouldn't expect the prices to be that much less than the unlocked ones...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭ageary08

The only croud with a decent prepay internet seem to be three, and I dont for the life of me get it, whats the point of charging people a tenner for a megabyte of data. Surely what the scam off people who are foolish enough to use data on there mobile wouldnt exceed what they could actually make if the rates were decent and people used it.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭ldusoswa

I think i might hold out on the iphone until they offer a prepay version...

I wouldn't mind paying 400bucks to be honest... still works out a lot cheaper in the long run considering i use about 20quid credit a month...

a 16GB iphone costs €229 with €45 per month for 18 months...

that's a total of €1039

A 16GB iphone that would cost €400 on prepay with €20 per month would be closer to €760, which saves you about 300 quid which isn't bad...

I'm not too into being online when i'm out and about, unless there's a wifi hotspot.

I need to find someone who is content with their phone and convince them to upgrade and sell me the iphone... I'll still have to switch to o2 though :rolleyes:

In fairness, we're all crazy for even considering paying that much, yet i still want an iphone :o

UPDATE:
    I think the best option is to go and look on ebay or something... get an officially unlocked one (8gb, 3G) for under the 600quid mark. Keep in mind that that excludes cost of credit which would be 360 quid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭deco1610

Got to bump this thread...

Is iPhone on prepay yet? Google is confusing me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Yep on O2. The iPhone will be on Vodafone in early 2010 so you might get it cheaper if you wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

damn lads, dont bring such old threads....

there is prepay O2 now which is 519eu, then you pay 1eu per 50mb daily, if you go over the limit its 2ct for 1kb.

Wheni read first few post i allmoust got heartattcak, as i am getting iphone before xmas on prepay...

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭construct06

in the uk o2 are offering unlocking for iphones so i wonder does this apply to ireland?

what if u buy the prepay from o2 and then switch no. to vodafone and ask them to unlock, surely they cannot refuse?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

jkb_dub wrote: »
    Carphone warehouse in the UK are offering the iphone on pay as you go so we should see it before Christmas. 8GB starts at £349 from what I can see

Hmm and most phones from Carphone warehouse UK are unlocked, but I guess the iphone is "different".

Advertisement