Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bullying and redundancies

Options
  • 02-10-2008 11:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Im working for a firm where the possibility of redundancies have emerged.
    Obviously, I’m concerned.
    Now, my question is this.
    Over the my time here the boss has been bullying me.
    I’ve flagged this with an employment solicitor, but have not yet put this in writing to the HR who are pretty much non existent.
    However I put it verbally to my managers manager who did nothing about it.
    There is a bullying culture in the firm and now that the economy has changed the atmosphere has become worst
    My question is should I raise these issues with HR now?
    Would it give me greater protection if the worst came to the worse and they had to let people go?
    You may ask why haven’t I raised these things before now but I was prepared to run with it even though it affected my health as I didn’t want to be seen as a moaner.
    Also, where can I get information about redundancies on the web, and what sort of payout entitlements you are entitled to?
    In summary am I right to think that if redundancies come no matter what happened before won’t matter a damn?
    Who decides who is let go, middle management or top management…IE this individual who has been making life nasty?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,273 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

smilejoe wrote: »
    My question is should I raise these issues with HR now?
    Yes.
    Would it give me greater protection if the worst came to the worse and they had to let people go?
    Not really, you might be able to attempt to construe constructive dismissal but if it is a general lay off you'd be hardpressed to prove it but that is solicitor ground not for us to say.
    Also, where can I get information about redundancies on the web, and what sort of payout entitlements you are entitled to?
    2 weeks salary per year worked + 1 week. Minimum time worked 2 years in the company.
    In summary am I right to think that if redundancies come no matter what happened before won’t matter a damn?
    See above, if it is general redundancies the answer is most likely not.
    Who decides who is let go, middle management or top management…IE this individual who has been making life nasty?
    Usually higher middle management as the decision is sippering down but once again depends on the individual company.

Advertisement