Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilmacud parking ticket

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭sgt.bilko

perhaps you were parked in a clearway?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 sheriff_os

i dont believe I was - as I said there are no signs indicating the parking conditions and if i was in a clearway surely i would be clamped or towed as opposed to receiving a ticket?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 charlietangodel

I've seen the guards giving out tickets there so many times and only to the people who park furtherest away from the Luas entrance. These folks are always parked in an area that has white hatching in the centre of the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,251 ✭✭✭markpb

sheriff_os wrote: »
    I was parked on Beeches Road yesterday and had a garda parking ticket on my dash when I got back to the car in the evening. can anyone tell me since when it has been illegal to park there

Does the parking ticket say why you were cited or what law you broke?
    where do the cops expect people who use the luas to park???

I'm not trying to be patronising but it's not up to the Gardai to decide where you park, they just enforce the road markings and sign posts erected by the local authority.

The ticket was a simple yellow slip with little information. There were two checkboxes on it - their text read something like "Parking Infringement" & "Improper Tax Disc".

I have no problem with been fined for parking in an area where parking without either paying or not having a parking disc is illegal BUT I do have a big problem with getting a parking ticket for parking in an area with no clear indication of what the conditions for parking are. my car was not causing an obstruction to other road users and was, to the best of my knowledge of the rules of the road, parked legally.

Does anyway else drive to Kilmacud luas\Sanyford area and park here? What are other peoples experiences?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32 charlietangodel

So you didn't park next to the white hatching in the road?
    and you were parked more then 10m from the traffic lights?

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭BoardsRanger

you most likely parked alongside the road where there is a solid wite line. my GF got a ticket for parking here and rightly so, in my opinion. cars park so far up that road that when you are just coming onto thr road heading for the m50, they block the traffic and you nearly have to indicate out around them.

below is a pic of where im talking about
    Untitled-1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

It is an offence to park where there is solid white line in the centre of the road and you could also get a ticket for parking near a corner etc even in the absence of road markings. As pictured above, on the road the crosses the LUAS there is hatching in the centre of the road where the right turn lane starts on to Kilmacud road, basically if people park there then people driving along are forced into the hatching in order to get past. However the OP said he was on Beeches Road which I am less familiar with.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,896 ✭✭✭✭Stark

The ticket was a simple yellow slip with little information. There were two checkboxes on it - their text read something like "Parking Infringement" & "Improper Tax Disc".

As far as I know, parking attendants are allowed fine you if you're parked on a public road without tax.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

Fair play to the Gardai.

This entire area surrounding the Luas station has been reason enough to summarily dismiss the board and management of the RPA since the Green Line opened.

What form of market research did the RPA conduct regarding it`s passenger base at this location ?
    Were they expecting people to be parachuted in ?
    Did the RPA,in the total absence of ANY Bus Feeder arrangements,expect people to camp out in the many wide open spaces surrounding the Station ?

There is ample open space along here to fabricate a medium low rise prefabricated multi storey and to incorporate the present Playing Field on top of it using an all-weather surface......nah...never work...too complicated...too expensive...etc etc...:mad:

Instead it seems the stunted executive branch of the RPA simply never considered anything beyond the curteilage of their Station...."Sorry Bud,not my responsibility"...The classic IRISH way of doing everything.

Just lookin at the Google Image of Beeches Road I can see many stretches where a vehicle could be parked within 15 Mtrs of the approach to or 5 mtrs of the departure from a junction or on the approach to a bend.

Looking at the cars parked in the image reveals that at least 75% are open to this.....

At the root of this is the total refusal of the RPA to PLAN for it`s systems use and operation...but it`s how we do things here,so just pony up and live with it !! :eek:

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Advertisement

I was parked on Beeches Road. While you may hold any opinion you want it's usually a good idea to read posts fully before commenting...
    you most likely parked alongside the road where there is a solid wite line. my GF got a ticket for parking here and rightly so, in my opinion. cars park so far up that road that when you are just coming onto thr road heading for the m50, they block the traffic and you nearly have to indicate out around them.

below is a pic of where im talking about
    Untitled-1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

their text read something like "Parking Infringement" & "Improper Tax Disc".

I assume your tax is out for a start?

can you confirm whether or not there is a solid white line in the middle of the road or if there are hatchings? Were you parked with you wheels up on the kerb? Too close to a bend/corner?

AlekSmart wrote: »
    Fair play to the Gardai.

This entire area surrounding the Luas station has been reason enough to summarily dismiss the board and management of the RPA since the Green Line opened.

What form of market research did the RPA conduct regarding it`s passenger base at this location ?
    Were they expecting people to be parachuted in ?
    Did the RPA,in the total absence of ANY Bus Feeder arrangements,expect people to camp out in the many wide open spaces surrounding the Station ?

There is ample open space along here to fabricate a medium low rise prefabricated multi storey and to incorporate the present Playing Field on top of it using an all-weather surface......nah...never work...too complicated...too expensive...etc etc...:mad:

Instead it seems the stunted executive branch of the RPA simply never considered anything beyond the curteilage of their Station...."Sorry Bud,not my responsibility"...The classic IRISH way of doing everything.

Just lookin at the Google Image of Beeches Road I can see many stretches where a vehicle could be parked within 15 Mtrs of the approach to or 5 mtrs of the departure from a junction or on the approach to a bend.

Looking at the cars parked in the image reveals that at least 75% are open to this.....

At the root of this is the total refusal of the RPA to PLAN for it`s systems use and operation...but it`s how we do things here,so just pony up and live with it !! :eek:
    I could not aggree more with you - bad, bad, idiotic, typically Irish planning. The lack of parking for the (argubally) biggest industrial estate in south dublin is laughable. I parked in the estate today and it's going to cost me €5 but thats not guaranteed so I have to look at renting a car parking space with costs around €125 per month. Along with insurance and motor tax it's going to cost a fortune.

I'd get public transport but trying to get from Bray to Sandyford using public transport is a joke - it would take an extra hour per day to get to work. I can't believe there is no direct bus link from Bray to Sandyford.

I heard that new add from one of the goverment quangos on the radio about getting the train into work - the one with the women with the REALLY anoying voice - had to try very hard to resist the temptation to put my fist through the radio...

see the other posts. My tax, insurance & NCT are well within date.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

I was parked on Beeches Road. While you may hold any opinion you want it's usually a good idea to read posts fully before commenting...

your map doesn't come up with the exact location, beeches road doesn't have the white line problem, however you may have been parked opposite the junctions from apples road etc. Hard to say without you telling us.

fair enough - see attached pic - i was parked at the red dot.

my main gripe however is a lack of parking for people who use the luas or who work in the area. to be honest I'd like to leave the car at home and use public transport but there is no easy way without spending around two hours to travel around 13k.

fair enough - see attached pic - i was parked at the red dot.

my main gripe however is a lack of parking for people who use the luas or who work in the area. to be honest I'd like to leave the car at home and use public transport but there is no easy way without spending around two hours to travel around 13k.

prob parked too close to the bend, the road is very narrow just there.

agree on the parking but that doesn't mean you can just park anywhere. the company you work for should provide parking.

Your only real option is to get there much earlier when there is plenty of parking available on the main road opposite the hatched white line.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,422 ✭✭✭✭Alun

What about the Finnegan Bray - Sandyford Luas bus service?

http://www.finnegan-bray.ie/index_files/Page1955.htm

i tried this before. I didn't find it very reliable and it goes the long way round - down the N11 as opposed to the M50 which takes forever. I don't blame them for the route they pick as they to have to maximise their profits.

I worked in central park for Vodafone before while living in Dublin They got frustrated with Dublin Bus and put on a free bus for anyone working in the Central Park office complex - it was a fantastic service. Unfortunatly it only ran from College Green & Blackrock dart station.

Central park had an overflow car park sandwiched between the office complex and the M50 - I'm not sure but I think this has been removed for the Luas line. I worked in Cherrywood (i was an it contractor) and the same thing happened - whats the point of extending the luas line without providing adaqute parking for people who want to park and ride and are coming from Wicklow, Kildare, Wexford, Carlow etc..

copacetic:

Point taken but I didnt just park anywhere - the road in question is regualry full of parked cars from about 8AM on.

Regarding my company supplying a parking space - consider the amount of office space v. the number of car parking spaces in the Sandyford area. The cost for a company to supply a car parking space for each of their employees would be prohibitive and I dont' believe their are enough designated car parking spaces in the park to start with.

My issue essentially boils down to the bad planning regarding people commuting into the Sandyford area every day. There is enough waste ground\unused land to provide a car park for people who work in the park or who want to park and ride on the luas but none is provided. There is no reliable means of commuting into the park from south dublin & north wicklow. Given the number of companies based in the area I have to ask the obvious question - why is this? Comments & suggestions please...

again, not trying to be smart, but where did you think you were going to park when you got the job?

I used to work in the estate and we had shared parking in our office. I parked there 3 days a week and cycled the other two. If I had no access to parking I wouldn't have take the job.

On that road being full of parked cars, yep, you would have to be there by 7 to get a legal space.

• Advertisement

my company moved from balally in dundrum and i like my job.

your point moves away from the point\question i'm ultimately trying to make\ask - why is there no decent parking facilities provided in an area which is crying out for them due to a lack of decent public transport? also as the luas line extends the situation is only going to get worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

I could not aggree more with you - bad, bad, idiotic, typically Irish planning. The lack of parking for the (argubally) biggest industrial estate in south dublin is laughable. I parked in the estate today and it's going to cost me €5 but thats not guaranteed so I have to look at renting a car parking space with costs around €125 per month. Along with insurance and motor tax it's going to cost a fortune.

I'd get public transport but trying to get from Bray to Sandyford using public transport is a joke - it would take an extra hour per day to get to work. I can't believe there is no direct bus link from Bray to Sandyford.

I heard that new add from one of the goverment quangos on the radio about getting the train into work - the one with the women with the REALLY anoying voice - had to try very hard to resist the temptation to put my fist through the radio...

Again, like other posters you really are living in utopia if you expect a bus service for every possible journey. I sympathise with you to an extent, but the reality is that there are bus services available.

As I have posted elsewhere, orbital bus services are exceptionally difficult to plan. They need to operate through areas where there will be a greater likelihood of people getting on and off the bus all along the route. This of course does not suit people travelling from one end of the route to the other, but the reality is that they tend to be in the minority. Unlike the radial routes to/from the city centre where most people are going to/from the city, on orbital routes most people's travel patterns differ from one another and the challenge is getting a compromise route that suits the majority.

That is why the 75 operates via major traffic (as in passengers) areas such as Stillorgan, Dundrum, Ballinteer, Rathfarnham, Firhouse en route from Dun Laoghaire to Tallaght.

To be honest a service from Bray to Sandyford via the M50 would probably only work at very limited times.

To get from Bray to Sandyford, there is the option of the direct bus operated by Finnegans, and the alternative of the 145/84 connecting into the 114 or 75. Bear in mind that the 145 sticks on the N11 the entire way and does not deviate into Cabinteely or Stillorgan villages.

To get from Bray to Dundrum, again there is the 145/75 option.

Another option would be to drive to Enniskerry and get the 0745 44 direct to Dundrum.

There are options out there - of course they take a bit longer, but unfortunately with orbital journeys that is (in general) a fact of life, as, as I said above, very few journeys are the same.

Advertisement