Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back to 1970's Prices at Superquinn

Options
  • 02-10-2008 7:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭

Due to popular demand, prices that you thought were gone forever are back again and this time the savings are even greater! Starting on Thursday 2nd October there is up to 100 euro of savings on a selected basket of products. Everyday items such as Jacobs Cream Crackers, Dairygold and Johnston Mooney & O' Brien bread are an incredible 50c, Kittensoft Thirst Pockets Kitchen Roll, Nescafe Gold Blend and Dubliner Cheese, a steal at just 1 euro.

And this weekend you can also avail of FREE DELIVERY when you shop online; To avail of this great offer simply shop online at Superquinn.ie; enter SQBTT70 at the checkout screen and click "Apply Voucher".

http://www.buy4now.ie/superquinn/shopping.aspx?location=PROMO

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭oneweb

How long d'you reckon it'll be before they bring back the good oul' Thrift and Yellow Pack brands?? :) We were just talking about that in work last week.

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

oneweb wrote: »
    How long d'you reckon it'll be before they bring back the good oul' Thrift and Yellow Pack brands?? :) We were just talking about that in work last week.

wow blast from the past! That stuff was great!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

very few specifics on website, can people post any particular bargains as they see/get them in superquinn , thanks.
    Just noticed Cod steaks are on the promotion as are farmed salmon cutlets, bachelors beans, premium mince.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,183 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Is this only online or in store too?

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭djb85

Is this for online shopping only or are the discounts in the shop too?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭John_Mc

djb85 wrote: »
    Is this for online shopping only or are the discounts in the shop too?

Would like to know this as well, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭djb85

John_Mc wrote: »
    Would like to know this as well, thanks

Offers on deliveries from 02 October to 04 October

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

Last time these were in stores so I would guess it is not just online.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Dufresne

Just back from SQ and this is most definitely on in stores. Some very cheap stuff in offer. Thirst pocketsx4 for €1, Carrots 50c, Crackers 50c, John West Salmon €1, Coffe Gold Blend €1. Two of the better buys Ballygowan 10x small bottle water €1 and Persil Huge 8.5kg pack (the same as they sell in markets etc here for €27) was only €14. T'will last me for a year.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Didn't they re-brand the yellowpack stuff as "euroshopper"?

Thanks for the list Dufresne, really good deals there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭freebee23

Just got back from shopping in SQ and there were some mighty bargains. Yes the Ballygowan 10 pack is a great price. Also have Large chickens down to 5 euro each and carte d'or ice cream 1/2 price.Unfortunately did not see the washing powder.
    ALSO 10.00 euro off your online shopping using code SQSL012.

P.S. was also in tesco and picked up 2 Technika SH340T 3.1 mega pixel digital camera's for 12.50 each (Red ones reduced. Silver ones still at 25.00 each). Got the last 2 in Tesco Clearwater.

Happy shopping!!!
    Freebee23

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭josh59

freebee23 wrote: »
    Just got back from shopping in SQ and there were some mighty bargains. Yes the Ballygowan 10 pack is a great price. Also have Large chickens down to 5 euro each and carte d'or ice cream 1/2 price.Unfortunately did not see the washing powder.
    ALSO 10.00 euro off your online shopping using code SQSL012.

P.S. was also in tesco and picked up 2 Technika SH340T 3.1 mega pixel digital camera's for 12.50 each (Red ones reduced. Silver ones still at 25.00 each). Got the last 2 in Tesco Clearwater.

Happy shopping!!!
    Freebee23

My wife was in SQ in Lucan and picked up a load of stuff - she said just to be careful that it's the HB Ice Cream block ( the old style one) that's on special offer - they apparently had the Roll Back sign over the wrong ice cream in the freezer cabinet ???????

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭dublad23

The Persil isn't on the Website?

Anyone seen this down there or is it sold out?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

eth0_ wrote: »
    Didn't they re-brand the yellowpack stuff as "euroshopper"?

Yellowpack was an own brand from Power Supermarkets Ltd.- aka Quinnsworth & Crazy Prices. Since this multiple chain was bought by Tesco PLC, we will not see the reintroduction of Yellow Pack!
    BTW there was also the KVI brand sold by Quinnsworth/ Crazy Prices, which was even cheaper than yellow pack. Then they briefly introduced 'Presidents Choice' premium own brand, which didn'y last long due to the Tesco buy out...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,183 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Cheers OP. Wouldn't have known about this otherwise. Got some great bargains this evening. Pretty funny being at the till with the majority of trolleys purely with the really cheap stuff.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

gman2k wrote: »
    Yellowpack was an own brand from Power Supermarkets Ltd.- aka Quinnsworth & Crazy Prices. Since this multiple chain was bought by Tesco PLC, we will not see the reintroduction of Yellow Pack!
    BTW there was also the KVI brand sold by Quinnsworth/ Crazy Prices, which was even cheaper than yellow pack. Then they briefly introduced 'Presidents Choice' premium own brand, which didn'y last long due to the Tesco buy out...

Man, I used to love that KVI chocolate spread. A part of me died when Tesco took over quinnsworth and killed off the brand. I even wrote a letter to Mr Tesco about it, the bastard didn't listened and ruined my childhood. *sobs*

• Registered Users Posts: 14,795 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

was in Greystones Superquinn this evening:

Nescafe - sold out
    Mince - Sold out
    Bread - sold out
    Baby wipes - sold out

all they had in the promo was Ballygowan and crackers - a swizz really. Though I should add that this branch is the worst Superquinn I've ever been in.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,581 ✭✭✭deisemum

I'm not long back from Superquinn and it was mobbed there this morning.

Just wanted to add about another price reduction. Baileys Mint and Caramel flavours are down to half price to €9.99

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

gman2k wrote: »
    Then they briefly introduced 'Presidents Choice' premium own brand, which didn'y last long due to the Tesco buy out...

That'd be "Premium Choice".

"President's choice" sounds like something from the Eastern bloc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭deckie27

I was gonna buy 20 jars of Gold blend but a little scared as it seems you have to commit to buy before the discount comes off?

Anyone try this online?

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭eliza64

They have a limit of 3 per item in store.

Advertisement