Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ecoballs/laundry balls, any good?

Options
  • 01-10-2008 5:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭

Hi guys, anyone have experience of these guys.

They cost about 53 euros, you get three ball type things that you put in the wash and they're filled with these little white balls that you refill. Apparently it works out at 3p per wash for a 30 minute wash.

Has anyone tried them. Effective??

Thanks,

Sian

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

Meh, I don't really like them. Plus if you leave your laundry in the washing machine for a few hours, it starts to smell stale.

Instead, I use Bio-D detergent. If you're in Dublin, you can get it at the Dublin Food Coop at Newmarket. Most healthfood stores and Cultivate in Temple Bar would stock other brands like Lily's & Ecover. Actually I think some Tescos etc have Ecover now

http://www.ethicalconsumer.org/FreeBuyersGuides/householdconsumables/Laundrydetergent.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭GG66

I've heard these are good but I've never tried them myself. No good for whites though..

http://www.soapnuts.co.uk/

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭sian

ya tried the soapnuts not that good. or maybe i was paranoid cos there was no smell off my clothes after washing. apparently you can add eco friendly laundry water to make em smell nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭GG66

sian wrote: »
    ya tried the soapnuts not that good. or maybe i was paranoid cos there was no smell off my clothes after washing. apparently you can add eco friendly laundry water to make em smell nice.

Did they get your clothes clean?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 holeary

i have just been forced to buy laundry balls by my mrs cause she thinks our kids have bad allergies to the washing powder and these balls are supposed to help does anyone know if this is true?

• Advertisement
Advertisement