Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warning, An Post and revenue NOW CHARGING

Options
  • 01-10-2008 2:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭

Anything posted into Ireland from the E.U. is not subject to this.
    All packages from outside europe are supposed to be charged VAT at 21%
    This is gennerally overlooked on goods but not anymore.
    A friend of mine works at the post office and there is now a Huge push by revenue to em....make revenue.

ALL packages are now being charged VAT at 21% if they are over 22e of value....and that includes the cost of postage!!!(RIP OFF!!!)

I was charged on a package valued at 22euro 23 cent including the postage. This package was tiny and could of fit in the letter box.
    Take this into account when ordering from china etc.

If the package isa gift get it marked as a gift. The allowance is 45e on gifts.
    Ask them to value the package and postage under 20e if the product is so to stop delays and revenue getting in touch.
    If you think you are being charged too much VAT you can get the product valued(and revised) by revenue and they will charge you a list price.

You are asked to prove the value of the product by emailing the paypal receipt or invoice to the revenue.
    If you undervalue or ahem "edit" the price and they have the invoice value on the out side you will be charged the higher price.

To pay for the item you have to get a postal order or a personal cheque and give that to the post man.

You can not pay by any MODERN means like laser, creditcard or paypal. Typicly Irish!

Just a warning to you all.:confused::confused::confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

you talk as if this is new :)

vat and duty is ment to be payed on everything, simple as , at the moment the level for gift is very low but this is changeing at christmas

any talk of avoiding vat/duty will get the thread locked

• Registered Users Posts: 4,061 ✭✭✭whydave

skapegoat wrote: »

To avoid this try and get the package marked as a gift.
    Ast them to value the package and postage under 20e
    If you think you are being charged too much VAT you can get the product valued.

thanks for the heads up
    but this type of action is not lawful and as airsofters we do not advise any one to break the law

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭skapegoat

Puding wrote: »
    you talk as if this is new :)

vat and duty is ment to be payed on everything, simple as , at the moment the level for gift is very low but this is changeing at christmas

any talk of avoiding vat/duty will get the thread locked

Did i say this was new???
    I am just informing people that the revenue are not turning a blind eye anymore.

The gift level is 45e

and finnally I'm not talking I am typing.

The big R is gonna get you.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,695 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

As stated, marking packages at the wrong price to avoid tax is illegal. Makes us look like a dodgy bunch of people when we need to be squeaky clean.

Don't post anything like that again.

Thread locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement