Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teacher Training Australia

Options
  • 01-10-2008 12:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hello,
    I am currently looking at doing a PostGraduate Diploma in education in Queensland(primary school). The course is one year full time and starts the end of January 09.

I was wondering would this degree be accepted in Ireland. I contacted the Teaching Council of Ireland and they told me each qualification was looked at individualy.
    Does anybody know of people who trained in Australia?
    or Australian people working in irish primary schools?

Thanks for any advice offered

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭sitstill

It probably would be accepted but they'd first have to assess it so you'd have to send on lots of course information on the modules you took etc. If its primary you'd also have to take the Scrúdú le hAghaidh Cáilíochta sa Ghaeilge, an examination of Irish proficiency in order to achieve full recognition as a primary teacher within the state.

Maybe ask the college have they had many Irish people go there to train before?

Advertisement