Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Desperate Housewives BACK!

Options
  • 30-09-2008 7:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭

YAY! 14th October on RTE 2!!!!!!! :D

OMG YAY! :p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,840 ✭✭✭✭Basq

If they were that desperate, they'd be showing at least some tit weekly..

.. my 2 cents!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,523 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Yay!! 2 weeks of waiting though :( I will watch the repeats on c4 for the mean time. I can't wait to see what happens
    from the last series where Susan was kissing that guy. What about poor Mike:confused: They've all grown up by 5 years now so it should be fun to see how this clever idea works out :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

basquille wrote: »
    If they were that desperate, they'd be showing at least some tit weekly..

.. my 2 cents!

Thanks for that useless comment.
    jaffa20 wrote: »
    Yay!! 2 weeks of waiting though :( I will watch the repeats on c4 for the mean time. I can't wait to see what happens
    from the last series where Susan was kissing that guy. What about poor Mike:confused: They've all grown up by 5 years now so it should be fun to see how this clever idea works out :D

I know cant wait to see what happens!

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Roses are red

Great news can't wait

• Registered Users Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

Hope it's better than last series :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭xbox36016

yes more that sexy eva

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

Watched episode 1 last night - full of hilarious moments though a little confusing at times!

Gabby is the best, closely followed by Edie.

Brilliant idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭homergriffin

One reason why I watch it and that's Dylan Mayfair. Best looking woman on tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Unless episode 2 is a lot better, I think I won't be watching much more of this show.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,523 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Watched episode 1 last night - full of hilarious moments though a little confusing at times!

Gabby is the best, closely followed by Edie.

Brilliant idea.

Where did you see episode 1:confused: I thought it wasn't on yet :( Susan is my favourite,followed by Bree.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

jaffa20 wrote: »
    Where did you see episode 1:confused: I thought it wasn't on yet :(

Welcome to the internet. Please wait in the lobby while we prepare a presentation about things you can do online. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 43,840 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    Welcome to the internet. Please wait in the lobby while we prepare a presentation about things you can do online. :)
    careful_now.jpg

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Ooh excellent. Thanks for the heads up Jemmy. It's normally not shown til after Christmas. This is delightfully early! :)

The five years later thing didn't sit well with me but apparently most of it will be explanations as to how things turn out this way. Most of it will be flashback (i.e. the present - if you follow).

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Alibear

Woooooohooooooooooooo! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭GeturGun

Yay!!!!
    Liking the ad for the return, just saw it earlier.

Hope this series doesn't disappoint. Not too fond of the [potential of the] five year idea either

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

I Saw the first episode there last night, The 5 year gap is done really well. When I first heard about it I thought they where Basically robbing Lost's Idea but TBF its mainly based in the "Future" with only quick scenes going back.

I think its a brilliant Idea and I cant think of another show thats done it. On a side note would you not be cracking if you where the SCAVO kids who one minute where signed up for 3 more seasons then cut the next

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭JaneyMc

ziedth wrote: »
    I Saw the first episode there last night, The 5 year gap is done really well. When I first heard about it I thought they where Basically robbing Lost's Idea but TBF its mainly based in the "Future" with only quick scenes going back.

I think its a brilliant Idea and I cant think of another show thats done it. On a side note would you not be cracking if you where the SCAVO kids who one minute where signed up for 3 more seasons then cut the next

One Tree Hill did it, they did it to avoid the college years becayuse that's usually when teen series go sour. I think it worked for them too.

I watched the episode last night, I'm really not sure I like it. Lynette's twins for example?? I didn't think they looked eleven in the last series, but now they're 16???

I won't say much more, but I just didn't find it as interesting as a usual episode. Bree's situation annoyed me too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

ziedth wrote: »
    would you not be cracking if you where the SCAVO kids who one minute where signed up for 3 more seasons then cut the next
    I actually came across an interview with those little lads and they were cool about it. It seemed they didn't fully appreciate how much of a big deal it was to be on that show and they were just happy to get back to swimming, climbing trees etc.

Probably more of a pisser for their parents if they're like those of the Olsen twins, Britney, Lindsay, Charlotte Church etc...

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

JaneyMc wrote: »
    One Tree Hill did it, they did it to avoid the college years becayuse that's usually when teen series go sour. I think it worked for them too.

I watched the episode last night, I'm really not sure I like it. Lynette's twins for example?? I didn't think they looked eleven in the last series, but now they're 16???

I won't say much more, but I just didn't find it as interesting as a usual episode. Bree's situation annoyed me too.

Ya I see your point alright, IMO i think its a very interesting idea and I did enjoy it. DH is one of my guilty pleasures anyway so I might be a little blinded. I never Saw one tree hill but they are to be applauded if they came up with the Idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Why would they skip ahead 5 years? Gabby has really let herself go! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭elshambo

JaneyMc wrote: »
    One Tree Hill did it, they did it to avoid the college years becayuse that's usually when teen series go sour.

They also did it apparently because some of the "teens" were starting to show their age

They woulda been the only people in the college outside of Prof I.Jones at the Just for Men

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭CRAIG07

i have seen the the first episode and i have to say im not too sure im liking the 5 year skip.... but i shal wait and see how it all works out.

does any body know when we are going to see the new series of Brothers & Sisters? desperate housewives and brothers & sisters both started last sunday in the states so if we are getting desperate housewives in a few weeks we should get brothers & sisters too right ??

CRAIG07 wrote: »
    i have seen the the first episode and i have to say im not too sure im liking the 5 year skip.... but i shal wait and see how it all works out.

does any body know when we are going to see the new series of Brothers & Sisters? desperate housewives and brothers & sisters both started last sunday in the states so if we are getting desperate housewives in a few weeks we should get brothers & sisters too right ??

I wouldn't say so, Its not as big over here as DH. I saw it too actually its also very good

Advertisement