Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

psycology work experience

Options
  • 30-09-2008 6:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

i'm over the moon.....i'm in transition year and i've secured psychology as my work experience.

just asking....is there anything i should know or have researched before i start?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Can you a bit more specific about the work you'll be undertaking?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭danoboy254

Can you a bit more specific about the work you'll be undertaking?

not really...sorry

it was through a connection my mam had.
    all I know is that the psychologist i'll be with works for the mental health section of the HSE and travels to where patients were relocated from hospitals to towns surrounding

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 3,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Myksyk

Read 'Vision for Change' to get an overview of where the mental health services are heading, or meant to be. Read the Mental Health Act 2001. That'll be a start.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭danoboy254

Myksyk wrote: »
    Read 'Vision for Change' to get an overview of where the mental health services are heading, or meant to be. Read the Mental Health Act 2001. That'll be a start.

thanks.....sounds good !!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Clients might be a more appropriate word than patients.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Is it just me or is it totally inappropriate to be bringing a teenager to meetings with clients?

It's difficult enough for undergraduates in psychology to get work experience...but at least they are better equipped to deal with/be around clients of mental health services..

Advertisement