Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

recycling alloy wheels?

Options
  • 30-09-2008 5:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭

When I was a kid and living in Australia (15+ years ago) there used to be a guy with a truck and a weighing scales that used to park in the shopping centre car park every Saturday morning and people would bring their aluminium cans and he would weigh them and give a few quid for the scrap alminium. I vaguely remember him taking some larger items too like old alloy wheels etc. I reckon the guys with the wheels got a nice few quid compared to a bag of beer cans.

Anyway, I have a few odd wheels in my garage that aren't worth anything to sell them and I don't just want to feck them in the bin so I'm wondering if there's anywhere that will weigh them in for a few quid scrap value?

I'm based in Laois but I travel to Kilkenny and Limerick regularly to visiti the parents and the in-laws.

Anyone got any pointers?

Advertisement