Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teams at HRTA

Options
  • 30-09-2008 5:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭

I know there's a topic for "teams" already, but in all fairness it's a giant mess of a thread and I doubt anyone still reads it!

I'm looking for an active team that is somewhat serious about the game; that works, acts and looks like a team and that plays somewhat regularly at HRTA.

The team should have a common camo pattern, make use of radios and doesn't end up just legging it single file into enemy fire.

No offense to the youngsters, but I'd also prefer a team that has mainly "older" members (read early/mid 20s and up).

Another preference is that it is mil-sim oriented and ideal would be if this team were interested in traveling to big-games like those hosted by TA-Events, Berget-Events and Sterling Airsoft.

I've looked at the Contractors, but I haven't seen (that I know of anyway) many of them around HRTA recently.

Are there any teams out there that match the above description that would take an extra member?

(Jeez, that reads like an online dating ad!).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭kevteljeur

I know there's a topic for "teams" already, but in all fairness it's a giant mess of a thread and I doubt anyone still reads it!

I'm looking for an active team that is somewhat serious about the game; that works, acts and looks like a team and that plays somewhat regularly at HRTA.

The team should have a common camo pattern, make use of radios and doesn't end up just legging it single file into enemy fire.

No offense to the youngsters, but I'd also prefer a team that has mainly "older" members (read early/mid 20s and up).

Another preference is that it is mil-sim oriented and ideal would be if this team were interested in traveling to big-games like those hosted by TA-Events, Berget-Events and Sterling Airsoft.

I've looked at the Contractors, but I haven't seen (that I know of anyway) many of them around HRTA recently.

Are there any teams out there that match the above description that would take an extra member?

(Jeez, that reads like an online dating ad!).

There was a recent thread about girl's combats which might have interested you, shame you missed it ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭Ghostwarrior

PM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Dr_Pepper

NakedHedgehog,

Thats pretty much sums up the Band of Hawks except we have a focus on having fun. Were there each weekend with the entire team on a sunday.
    Tbh if your around come ask for Richie or Dar for a tryout, essentially we keep an eye on ya and see if you will work or not. Then you get into selection where we put you in a team situation and see if you can pass muster.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭MacAonghusa

"older" members (read early/mid 20s and up).

I think I should retire from airsoft if kids in their 20's are regarded as "older". :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Busta Hyman

Dr_Pepper wrote: »
    NakedHedgehog,

Thats pretty much sums up the Band of Hawks except we have a focus on having fun. Were there each weekend with the entire team on a sunday.
    Tbh if your around come ask for Richie or Dar for a tryout, essentially we keep an eye on ya and see if you will work or not. Then you get into selection where we put you in a team situation and see if you can pass muster.

i will ask for a tryout as soon as i can run from one bit of cover to another without haveing a cardiac arrest. i enjoy playing with you lads but do i have to wear one of those tight t shirts if i do actually make it in?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

tight t-shirts are earned...
    that takes years of yorkshire puds to get

tight t-shirts are earned...
    that takes years of yorkshire puds to get

you have actually met me tho

im the fat tw@ with the urban camo style M4 and gotee

ive put my time in for the yorkshire puds so can i join

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

As members of The Contractors; both myself (416, & drooled on your M4 - sorry:o) and Keith (sniper) played alongside you a few weeks back. You probably dont remember us tho. We're normally there every week and Wednesday (ahem - says Paul:p)
    Sorry there wasnt a few more of us there but I'm sure you would be a very welcome addition/asset to The Contractors or any team.
    ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

o busta i know who you are

But the T-Shirt is an icon status....of making a jerk of yourself to everyone...online

o busta i know who you are

But the T-Shirt is an icon status....of making a jerk of yourself to everyone...online

oooo so you do webcam shows as well?1

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭NakedHedgehog

Thanks for the replies and PMs guys!

I do of course remember both of you, defenderdude.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Gyle

Every week the contractors are gaming i passed through hrta last Saturday. there are quite a few sites available to play and we like varied game zones. so going to any site on any day and you just might meet a Contractor. New team members are always welcome .we will see you at hrta soon:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

I think I should retire from airsoft if kids in their 20's are regarded as "older". :o

nods solemnley

Advertisement