Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

subing/supervision

Options
  • 30-09-2008 3:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

i have a degree in a particular topic....not teaching....does this mean i am eligible for supervising...or what else???

best way for going about getting supervision role

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭boogle

davidococ wrote: »
    i have a degree in a particular topic....not teaching....does this mean i am eligible for supervising...or what else???

best way for going about getting supervision role

You can sub, but will be on a lower rate of pay than qualified teachers.

As for getting supervision, do up a short CV and visit every school you're willing to travel to. Try to meet personally with the Principal/vice-principal. This way they can put a face to the name, not like the hundreds of CVs they get in the post every month. Get across that you are confident but especially flexible regarding the subject you will take on.

A couple of weeks ago I went into a school with my CV and met the deputy. That evening the Principal called and I met him the next day. He offered me a job straight away. Now I have a part-time position for the year, starting Monday :D

Best of luck!

Advertisement