Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please, how do we apply for Rent Allowance?

Options
  • 30-09-2008 2:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭

Sorry if this has been explained already.

We cannot find how to actually apply; we are in Donegal and on low income pensions etc.

What paperwork is asked for and can we do it by post?

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭lynchie

http://www.revenue.ie -> forms -> Claim forms -> Form Rent 1. Download it and fill it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,308 ✭✭✭✭Victor

lynchie wrote: »
    http://www.revenue.ie -> forms -> Claim forms -> Form Rent 1. Download it and fill it in.
    That isn't Rent Allowance.

sorella, you need to talk to the local community welfare officer, who is usually based in your local health centre. They will need to know information about you income, assets and expenses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭sorella

ah thank you

yes, there is a tax thingie; rent relief too....
    Victor wrote: »
    That isn't Rent Allowance.

sorella, you need to talk to the local community welfare officer, who is usually based in your local health centre. They will need to know information about you income, assets and expenses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

sorry to hijack , but i have found myself in the possition of having to apply for rent allowance myself. the info in welfare and hse sites isnt very clear other than the need to see the community officer.

Does anyone have any info on what they will look for from me, and what gets taken into account when you apple for example if you live in a rented house but share it with others who are employed but are not family?

• Registered Users Posts: 78,308 ✭✭✭✭Victor

calex71 wrote: »
    Does anyone have any info on what they will look for from me, and what gets taken into account when you apple for example if you live in a rented house but share it with others who are employed but are not family?
    AFAIK they would only consider other people's income if you were part of a couple living together.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

thanks for that victor

Advertisement