Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carlsberg DraughtMaster

Options
  • 30-09-2008 10:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Just wondering about the Carlsberg DraughtMaster for the OH.
    What is it like?
    Where would you get the kegs? Have they to be the specific Carlsberg Kegs or can the Lidl/Heineken kegs fit it either?

Much appreciated.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,794 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

I'd strongly advise against it. It doesn't take a standard keg, so once they stop making them or your supplier stops stocking them you're left with an expensive Carlsberg paperweight.

See this thread for one user's experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

Isn't there a Heineken one that will take the 5L kegs from Lidl?

noby wrote: »
    Isn't there a Heineken one that will take the 5L kegs from Lidl?
    I've only ever seen the Heineken kegs, never a machine for serving them.

Hang on, I got that backwards. Weren't Lidl selling a dispensing system that uses the 5L minikegs - which should suit the Heineken type ones too?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

ah i seen that one in Lidl there a couple of months ago - are they more versatile??

• Advertisement

dlambirl wrote: »
    are they more versatile??
    Yes, as I understand it they'll take the standard 5L keg, of which there are variety available in supermarkets. I assume you have to pull all the green plastic off the Heineken one to get it to fit in.

As far as I know, yes. I don't have one, so I'm no expert, but the general 5L kegs should fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

dlambirl wrote: »
    ah i seen that one in Lidl there a couple of months ago - are they more versatile??

I have the lidl one, it takes the standard 5l party kegs, Heineken keg does not fit it though as it is not a standard one, its Heinekens own keg!!
    You have to use a little co2 cartridge with each keg too! Keeps the beer under pressure.
    Works really well when you can find the kegs for it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

wel to be honest it sounds more hassel than anything.

the OH is a lover of carlsberg so it would of been nice to get him one of those but if the kegs are hard to get and wont do any different beer.......its a waste of money :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Tazmaniandevil

I've had a draughtmaster since March, and no problem getting kegs. Tesco or Viccy Wine do them, Viccy Wine is cheaper. You can also buy them online
    I first saw these things a few years ago and wanted one, but my missus said the same as BeerNut. I think they are here to stay.

BTW. The beer is tremendous. Tastes exactly like what you get in the pub.

• Advertisement

Tesco or Viccy Wine do them, Viccy Wine is cheaper. You can also buy them online
    No they don't and no you can't.

Tesco UK sell them. Tesco Ireland don't. You can buy them online in the UK, you can't buy them online in Ireland.

I'm pretty sure this is all in the thread somewhere above.
    Edit: Nope, it's in the other thread, linked to above.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

The beer is tremendous. Tastes exactly like what you get in the pub.
    ^^ Isn't that an oxymoron?

This is the crucial bit of taz's post:

kenmc wrote: »
    ^^ Isn't that an oxymoron?
    It also depends on where the pub is. Tazmaniandevil's Carlsberg -- from the pub and the machine -- is made in Leeds, AFAIK. The pubs here are stocked with Kilkenny-brewed Carlsberg.

Advertisement