Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband in Mountrath

Options
  • 30-09-2008 7:57am
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭

Currently trying to organise broadband for someone in Mountrath. They are located in the town on the Portlaoise road and I'm shocked to see that Eircom don't supply it. What do others use in the area?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Mountrath

Hi Kikel,

Do the person have a phoneline? who is it with? Eircom told me sereral times I could not get bb, however the guys knock on my door trying to sell it to me, long story short, I need a new phone line installed (120euros I think and then it might work) that can take bb, as the phone exchange was enabled a couple of years ago, I have not tried this yet.

Others are www.digiweb.ie or mobile bb, I have 3g mobile bb at the moment sometimes its good a lot of the times it is rubbish, try wireless digiweb if a dsl broadband provider cannot be found...

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

I've being in contact with Eircom and their is nothing they can do

Digiweb satalite broadband already installed and it's just way to slow.

Mobile broadband is not feasable as it's just not reliable enough.

Hi Kikel,

Is it possible to get any phone provider to install a phone line this will give you many bb options, have you tried www.magnetentertainment.ie ?

You could always try http://www.broadband.gov.ie/ map your area and see the providers of DSL/mobile/wireless and satellite for that area

http://www.lastmile.ie is another wireless one that might be worth a try best of luck. For mountrath best providers for speed are seemly Eircom and Digiweb

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Totally pathetic that a town located on one of the country's most important routes linking two cities cannot access broadband.

Knowledge economy me hole.:mad:

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

JupiterKid wrote: »
    Totally pathetic that a town located on one of the country's most important routes linking two cities cannot access broadband.

there are solutions available but they are not good enough for what i want or to expensive.

• Advertisement

Hi Kikel,

Is is possible for Magnet or BT to install a new phone line to give you options? I guess phone lines will always be more reliable when it come to bb rather than the wireless option

JupiterKid wrote: »

Jupiterkid,

Broadband providers for Mountrath are as follows

Wireless
    Digiweb
    Lastmile

Mobile bb
    O2
    3G

DSL
    Eircom
    BT
    Magnet
    Imagine
    Perlico
    Irish Broadband
    Digiweb DSL

Ice broadband is coming soon or so there website says etc... I do agree there should be better bb services however some parts of the country have no access, there is internet access points in the garages passing throught Mountrath also...

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Evolution Enter

There is broadband wifi in Woody's, got it in through Eircom and have since changed it to imagine, good line

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 chabby

I went with three mobile and after using it in various areas from louth to cork on different laptops I found out all mobile broadband is crappy on windows vista as it uses up to much systems memory........ xp is better

I have 3broadband working super fast on both mac and ubuntu linux computers without any problems

Advertisement