Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus US Sale

Options
  • 30-09-2008 12:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭

Just been looking through US pricing on latest Aer Lingus sale and they must be really gagging to get business in!

Direct return flights to NY for all in €750 for myself and wife - we could take the 2 kids for €1150! I know this ain't cheaptickets.com pricing but when you got 2 kids we don't want to be going through London and want to just get there direct and back.

These are available thru Nov, Dec and Jan. We were seriously thinking of going Jan but now we could afford late Nov or early Dec if we can find a good hotel deal.

Worth taking a look. Have not seen prices these good since pre fuel surcharge days.

Reckon there will be good sales in NY over Christmas period as things are tight in US at the moment:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

I booked tickets to san fran in August for €1200 return, they're €1999 in the sale... The NY flights aint so bad tho.. I flew for a bit less last year with Delta...

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭sue97

If you are going November, try to be there for BLACK FRIDAY. Best shopping day in US

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

what date is black friday?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Friday_(shopping)

The most manik shopping day in the US... All the shops do have crazy deals on, its a huge deal over there. I can honestly say I'd go crazy if I was over there that day....

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

black friday is always the day after thanksgiving, lived in the Us for 6 years, would avoid black friday like the plague...great deals at the start, quickly gone, then the worst madness you have ever seen in a store. if you can handle that then there are deals to be had, but i could never handle the madness

my wife on the other hand loved it..:)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 499 Mod ✭✭✭✭TheKBizzle

Try orbitz.com I got tickets Dublin to LAX at easter for €414.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭maherball

aer lingus have flights to chicago for about 400, the dates i may got are 29th dec till 12th jan

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

unfortunately they may all be on strike for any flights, kind of glad i paid a little bit more for another airline now for new york in december

Advertisement