Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teaching requirement question

Options
  • 29-09-2008 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45,558 ✭✭✭✭

Hello all,

I'm currently in my final year of an Arts degree in UCD studying history and politics and at the stage where I badly need to figure out what I want to do after finishing up with the degree. Lately I've started thinking about teaching/lecturing.

I'm just curious to know if I was to try and pursue a career in teaching history, would the politics aspect of my degree be a hindrance towards that in any way? I know a lot of people do history and English as a combination but politics and history seems like it might be a bit of an odd combination.

Can anyone shed some light on this for me? Thanks in advance. :cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭sitstill

Hey,

I think English and Politics is an interesting combination. Politics would qualify you to teach CSPE which is only to Junior Cert level now but is due to come in at Leaving Cert Level in a couple of years.

Advertisement