Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am I over reacting?

Options
  • 29-09-2008 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering what people think of my current situation.

Working for the same company many yrs now and about a year ago I was asked to help cover my supervisors hours as he was going part time for personal reasons, I agreed to do this and was given set days which has worked out fine.
    I then find out today that this person is now coming back to work on one of the days and I was just told you now have to work x,y,z days, now its not in my contract but it was agreement made between myself and my line manager so I know I haven't got a leg to stand on in those terms but to just be told and not even asked would it suit me etc or even to say thanks has really annoyed me and I just feel like I have been used and basically walked all over.

Just looking for some views on this, its not really a problem for me to work these new days but I feel after taking on the extra responsibility for so long and then to just be told thats it you have to change again, there was no question of does it suit you to change your days again.

I feel very disheartened by the whole thing and I am starting to question whether I want to continue working for this company.

Advertisement