Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ipod touch eircom wifi

Options
  • 29-09-2008 7:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

hi i recently bought an 8gb ipod touch 2nd gen. But left the house yesterday and since i returned it wont conect to the wireless even tough it recognises the wireless on the ipod. it just says 'safari canot open this page as it is not conected to the internet' but in settings it says it'ss connected. wireless is eircom and router is netopia if that helps.
    thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Make sure in wifi settings "ask to join network" in set to on.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

peter-g wrote: »
    hi i recently bought an 8gb ipod touch 2nd gen. But left the house yesterday and since i returned it wont conect to the wireless even tough it recognises the wireless on the ipod. it just says 'safari canot open this page as it is not conected to the internet' but in settings it says it'ss connected. wireless is eircom and router is netopia if that helps.
    thanks in advance

Try this: Turn off wifi, fully turn off touch, turn back on, connect to your wireless network and wait a few seconds at the selection screen until you see the wireless symbol appear on the top left corner of the screen

That shouldn't make a difference, all "ask to join network" does is prevent the touch from automatically joining a network without your permission

• Registered Users Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Mactard wrote: »
    That shouldn't make a difference, all "ask to join network" does is prevent the touch from automatically joining a network without your permission

Aaahh ok :)

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭radiofoot

I am having this problem too (whenever I turn wifi off and back on) and posted in a different thread that turning on 'ask to join networks' fixed the problem.

However, this only worked for me once and the only reliable way of getting it to work is turning the ipod off and on. Even this didn't work on one occasion and I had to set the ipod to 'forget' the network and then re-connect to it.

Anyone know why this is happening?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,002 ✭✭✭✭event

i have this issue and all i have to do is turn on the wifi, then off, then back on and it works then

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭radiofoot

event wrote: »
    i have this issue and all i have to do is turn on the wifi, then off, then back on and it works then

I have tried that, but unfortunately it doesn't work for me.

Advertisement