Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Satellite Equip

Options
  • 29-09-2008 7:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

for those that are interested in setting up a satellite system for all the free to air channels (BBC's, Itv's Ch4's and so on) - B & Q (Galway anyway) are selling the pack for €62. Very good value anyone looking for same.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Amigaman

a little extra info would be appricated .. thanks .. eg product code etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

More info there please, is it local or do you know if all B&Qs are doing it?

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭The Fool

Brand is Philex, package includes Dish, indoor unit and remote.

They had a stock in Swords

Power city have them for 99 not sure if it's the same model

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

My Dad bought something similar from Aldi\Lidl. I was trying to get the channels sorted at the weekend but all I could get was some French channels. I could see a listing for all the British free to air channels like BBC3\BBC World News etc but could not get a picture at all at all :-(

M

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭TM

madmoe wrote: »
    My Dad bought something similar from Aldi\Lidl. I was trying to get the channels sorted at the weekend but all I could get was some French channels. I could see a listing for all the British free to air channels like BBC3\BBC World News etc but could not get a picture at all at all :-(

M
    Probably pointing at the "wrong" satellite group so - i.e. not Astra @ 28.2E plus Eurobird 1 @ 28.5E. Look at the Satellite TV forum here on boards.ie for lots of useful advice on installation and alignment etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭deffin

More info there please, is it local or do you know if all B&Qs are doing it?

Sorry, didn't stay too long looking at it. Saw it in B & Q Galway - so don't know of other sites. The Fool is correct (never said that before) - the make is Philex - it has a 60cm dish - but the value sounded good at €62. The bracket looked sturdy (i know the lidl ones are a bit suspect) so definately all round good valu.!!!

Except the dish is a bit small for Irish reception but you'll get better info on that over @ Satellites forum.

MC

Except the dish is a bit small for Irish reception but you'll get better info on that over @ Satellites forum.

MC

Aren't the sky dishes 60cm...?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Thanx for the tips mate.

M

They are but elliptical, thought you meant the round 60cm dish.

MC

• Advertisement

They are but elliptical, thought you meant the round 60cm dish.

MC

Sorry - one was assembled on top of a pallet of these babies and it was the same shape of the sky dishes.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

If its a round dish try to get an 80cm min or else you're liable to get bad breakup anytime it rains...... 60cm is really a min for good conditions.

deffin wrote: »
    Sorry - one was assembled on top of a pallet of these babies and it was the same shape of the sky dishes.

Sweet so.. Thanks for the tip-off.

MC

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭pauleoin

pauleoin wrote: »

will let you know later - no access to this site at work

• Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭Tony

The philex dish is very good (sell them myself) but the one in the picture looks more like a sky minidish. Its an excellent price for receiver and dish and 60cm is fine for the Astra 2 satellite which carries bbc itv etc. More info on the satellite forum. I also have a video on my site as to how to install this dish.

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

Nice video there Tony, will be back I'm sure to have a good look round the site later...

MC

• Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Thanks

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

Advertisement