Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Digital Customers - Sky Movies for €5 extra per month for 3 months

Options
  • 29-09-2008 6:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭

Got a letter in the door today from sky today, thought someone might be interested. Basically, it's offering Sky Digital customers who don't currently have a Sky Movies package on their Sky Digital, a chance to add the entire Movies package on for only €5 extra a month for 3 months.

All you need to do is call 0818 716 090 before October 30th.

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I was tempted, but they you have to pay full price for the next 9 months. I don't think you can just cancel after three, can you?

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Deadalus

Did anyone try this? do you need to sign up for the year?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

Just called about this and it apparantly its for selected customers only. I havent received the mail so it seems it doesnt apply to me. Never had Sky Movies but oh well...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,022 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

I have sky movies at home at its bit of a waste of money, It'll be great for the first month or two then it just repeats and repeats, every now and again there'll be something you want to watch but its not worth the extra dough IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭RKQ

Sky rang this morning, offering all the movies & sports channels for an extra €19 per month, can cancel after a month. Or just the movie channels for €13-50 extra per month.

I must be a special customer but not that special if it'll cost €19 extra ( who was offered it for €5 - really special!) :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭rash0001

Last month Sky called and offered me Sky Sports for €10. I said I'll decide and call them back. They said this is a special offer and I can't call back but if I want they will call back. I agreed and they kep calling everyday for over 2 weeks and I always said I'll decide. :) Finally they said if I can decide quick I can have Sky Sports for €2 a month! :D But only for 2 months, so will be calling to cancel in November! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

MarkR wrote: »
    I was tempted, but they you have to pay full price for the next 9 months. I don't think you can just cancel after three, can you?
    You can cancel after 3 months :)

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭quinnie123ie

if you ring them and pretend you want to cancell they will give you your whole subscription for half price too for 3 months!!! :pac:

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Damn. No I have to call them tomorrow...

• Registered Users Posts: 45,863 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I rang them in May to cancel the sports sub and they give it to me for half price for 3 months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 debfarr

I got the letter in the post and signed up to it today, after confirming that you can cancel after the 3 months, which they said i could, so will have movie package for 3 months for an extra 5E not bad as offers go.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

got a call just now, offering sport and movies for 19 euro a month which is half price apparently. Said I'd call them back and she said she would call me tomorrow. I will see if I can get it reduced a bit more before I take them up.
    It's for three months too and can be cancelled later.

Advertisement