Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glasnevin to the N4 commute

Options
  • 29-09-2008 3:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭

My partner and I are looking to buy a house in Glasnevin, partly because we want to use the train service from Drumcondra station more for work. We will also need to occasionally use a car.

Can someone give me an indication of the best car traffic routes to the N4 / Chapelizod bypass in terms of morning and evening traffic volumes? Is it congested coming down through Phibsborough?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,896 ✭✭✭✭Stark

It's quite hit and miss. Sometimes the traffic backs up all the way from the quays through Phibsboro to the junction with Botanic Road and it would take you at least an hour to get as far as the N4 going the Church street route. Other days it moves quite quickly. Not sure if North Circular road is better.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,267 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I imagine heading for the M50 might be quicker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 hungryjohnjohn

buy two scooters

• Registered Users Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

eoineen wrote: »
    My partner and I are looking to buy a house in Glasnevin, partly because we want to use the train service from Drumcondra station more for work. We will also need to occasionally use a car.

Can someone give me an indication of the best car traffic routes to the N4 / Chapelizod bypass in terms of morning and evening traffic volumes? Is it congested coming down through Phibsborough?

One way you can try is to take right onto Connaught Road (Shopping Centre) and take the left and run behind Dalymount Park, then a right onto the Cabra Road, take the first left just before the pedestrian lights and this road takes you to the NCR, take the right here. From there you can either run down Manor Street and Stonybatter onto the quays via Queen Street and James Joyce Bridge or you can head to Parkgate Street and Conygham Road and you can join the N 4 at Islandbridge or after Chapelizod. The latter seems long but it will leave you a mile from the M 50 junction so it takes some miles off your trip in that respect.

Advertisement