Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the phone number to ring for the Merit placement.

Options
  • 29-09-2008 1:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭

...I've been trawling through the general thread for ages.. and I can't find it... Arrggg...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 323 ✭✭squirrel81

02890650222 ask for recruitment, good luck!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭carlty888

Zzoop wrote: »
    ...I've been trawling through the general thread for ages.. and I can't find it... Arrggg...

028 90650222 and ask for recruitment.

Go get 'em tiger! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭Zzoop

Yeah... :( So... reapplying next year then...

High 800s people...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭smyff

did anypne get letters today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Sadie OOO!!!

Zzoop wrote: »
    Yeah... :( So... reapplying next year then...

High 800s people...

are you a rc or non rc

• Advertisement

smyff wrote: »

not that i know of, still at work, have you heard that letters have gone out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Sadie OOO!!!

smyff wrote: »

na no letters and hopefully there will not be any unless its a vet medical or letter of offer. no news is good news.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭Mr.Anderson

na no letters and hopefully there will not be any unless its a vet medical or letter of offer. no news is good news.

Sadie is right, no letters is good news. Call always comes before letter of offer though ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭pb999

Sadie is right, no letters is good news. Call always comes before letter of offer though ;)

but if you miss the call they just send out the letter ;)

pb999 wrote: »
    but if you miss the call they just send out the letter ;)

I missed the call as i was at work, but there was a message to ring back , so I did and it was the best call i ever made! :D

But pb, you're right, if they don't leave a message or anything, i guess they will just send the letter out

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Chris86

hi, whats the office hours for the people who tell you the merit number?
    I'm in work until 6 with no way getting my UIN so I think i'll have to wait until tomorrow!:(

Chris86 wrote: »
    I'm in work until 6 with no way getting my UIN so I think i'll have to wait until tomorrow!:(

Not sure mate, could be 5 or half past...

Looks like tomorrow might be your best option ;)

Chris86 wrote: »

i know this is probably too late, but I didnt need my number to get my merit placing, told the girl I didnt have it with me and she found my details using my name and address.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭MrFug

squirrel81 wrote: »
    i know this is probably too late, but I didnt need my number to get my merit placing, told the girl I didnt have it with me and she found my details using my name and address.

I wasn't even asked for my UID :S

Guess they were just too busy to fiddle with 7-digit numbers.

Hey, this is a really great site! I got a standard letter a couple of days ago saying about being on the merit list, but I didn't have a clue I could find out where I placed on that list. Thanks tons for the info, at least I will know now whether it's worth my while harbouring any hope or not!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭JVB

Your welcome ;) And welcome to the site too :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭PandaPants

I got my vetting form weeks ago and my medical letter on Friday. Yet i only got my general letter today! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭MrsGeneHunt

newuser08 wrote: »
    hi guys im new to the site hence the name. Just wanna say what a fantastic site this is really helpful in everything concerning psni recuritment. Im in campaign 14 and i got my merit number today which is *** was just wondering how good this is and what the chances are, many thanks!

NEVER EVER POST YOUR EXACT MERIT NUMBER - EDIT THIS POST !!!

CONSENSIA AND THE PSNI MONITOR THESE BOARDS.

YOU HAVE JUST IDENTIFIED YOURSELF

• Closed Accounts Posts: 721 ✭✭✭goodcopbadcop

Sorry its too late, we have identified you and are now in the process of having your application withdrawn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 721 ✭✭✭goodcopbadcop

merit number
    Dear sir/madam

This is my first time using these baords and i was totally unaware of the process involved could you please advise me? i truely am sorry and i hope this hasnt jepodrised my application.

Come on back newuser I am taking the piss!!!!! ahhaha great wind up though :D:D

• Advertisement

merit number
    Dear sir/madam

This is my first time using these baords and i was totally unaware of the process involved could you please advise me? i truely am sorry and i hope this hasnt jepodrised my application.

Come on back newuser I am taking the piss!!!!! ahhaha great wind up though :D:D

Naughty naughty bad cop!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Penis Eye

NEVER EVER POST YOUR EXACT MERIT NUMBER - EDIT THIS POST !!!

CONSENSIA AND THE PSNI MONITOR THESE BOARDS.

YOU HAVE JUST IDENTIFIED YOURSELF

in capitals, my god it must be a capital offence. my merit number is 145 but im not daft enuff to post that publically.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭MrFug

Have the PSNI at any stage made their opinions on sites such as this known? Or is this all speculation with a little paranoia mixed in?

I would understand if we were posting specifics about the assessments but the advice here is of a general nature and nothing that would affect the 'integrity' of the recruitment process.

Surely a post something along the lines of 'yay my merit score is 99 Im so happy' isn't something the PSNI would waste any time trying to discourage?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Maura2145

I agree MrFug. I think theres too much shouting at new users on this site :D

Prob bit of paranoia and also incase one say something 'incriminating' in later stages of the process. I bet one day someone just decided to tell someone on this site not to post their merit number and ever since people have just started shouting when merit numbers are posted. I bet PSNI dont really care

I agree in principal about the merit number. Although this website isn't too popular with Consensia and PSNI/GV staff. However, I'm sure it would absolutely no affect on your application if you were identified! If you come on here and display views not in keeping with life in the PSNI then sure, don't post your number.
    I would only be concerned if somebody revealed too much personal info on here. I saw once a guy who had his Bebo web page as a signatory link! Pictures of his family and friends for all to see. That isn't clever.

There was a blog called Belfast Peeler which was excellent but the PSNI sussed him out and he got pulled over it, was in the papers and everything.

Think it was either quit the blog or quit the PSNI.

They take all security very seriously.

Speaking of which.... where the hell is PSNI??? :confused::eek:

OTR probably :D He's probably passed Bin Laden on the FBI's most wanted list :D

Miss him a liddle bit. He was quite good fun, especially when banning trolls!!!

He does still monitor these boards cause he locked-out that thread on 'disband the PSNI.' I bet he swears like a trooper when he fires up his computer one day and see's about 20 pages of sh*te from us that he has to wade through :D

• Advertisement

JVB wrote: »
    He does still monitor these boards cause he locked-out that thread on 'disband the PSNI.' I bet he swears like a trooper when he fires up his computer one day and see's about 20 pages of sh*te from us that he has to wade through :D

I bet we keep him entertained. Bet he pissed his pants at the whole lemsnort palava.

Advertisement