Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Stig revealed?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭shoelaceface

ben collins i think!

look at the eyebrows!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,143 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Whatever about the Motors forum, there is an actual Top Gear forum dontchaknow.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Published: 22 Feb 2008

:rolleyes:

It wasn't that exciting the first time round.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I'd vote for the guy that they photographed in the Stig suit not being the same one that actually does the driving. When the do things like the race across London with him on the underground and just walking about it is probably just some bloke from the film crew in the suit and not the actual driver.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭demon83

Yeah, the Stig is more than likely a touring car driver, D Hill is too high profile and surely the press would notice if he was arriving at Top Gear studios every week when filming

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Moved from AH

• Registered Users Posts: 45,212 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

If the press really wanted to reveal who the Stig is, they could, quite easily. For instance, his real name would had to have been given for the 24hour race they did. I reckon some of the pares do know who he is, but leave it alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

There is no one stig, they use many drivers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭cjmcork

It's been well known for some time that it's Ben Collins, but apparently Aston won't let anyone except their own drivers do the lap test that's generally done by the Stig, so for Astons it's never Normal Stig.........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Silenceisbliss

Damon Hill without the shadow of a doubt

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Silenceisbliss

There is no one stig, they use many drivers

theyre on their third official driver. they keep his identity hidden because somethimes due to unforeseen surcumstances they use a fill in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭Sean Quagmire

when he's coaching the celeb's around for their lap surely he doesn't have the helmet on so they all must know who he is.

also i thaught a while back UKTV gold had revealed who he was on the website. i didnt check because i dont really care.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Zangetsu

Some say he's actually a sea cucumber that got lost on land and is trying to find his way home...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

He could have put on a proper suit for awards ceremony rather than just turning up in his work clothes:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/in_pictures/7698712.stm - picture 7

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

when he's coaching the celeb's around for their lap surely he doesn't have the helmet on so they all must know who he is.

also i thaught a while back UKTV gold had revealed who he was on the website. i didnt check because i dont really care.

I would be leaving my helmet on if I was the stig instructing celebs:eek:, much more likely to cause an accident. Its not that difficult to shout brake, turn in and power on etc. through a helmet

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭Dr. Dodger

I don't ever want to find out who he is, it would ruin it completely but I think he's Micheal Schumachers Clone baby!

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I agree, I've a mate who works on their floor in the Beeb and I could ask him but... would you really want to know?? I wouldnt, it would be like killing Stiggy!

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

DeVore wrote: »
    I agree, I've a mate who works on their floor in the Beeb and I could ask him but... would you really want to know?? I wouldnt, it would be like killing Stiggy!

DeV.

The Stig is a clever invention.

If it was different known drivers people would call the Top Gear lap times an unreliable measure of performance. There would be arguments along the lines of "Well, John Smith is a better driver anyway, I bet if he drove the car he would have beaten 1:17.3"

Proof of this is the variation in formula one driver's lap times using the reasonably priced car.

It takes one more variable out of the lap times equation. The driver

As others have said it also gives them the ability to use the manufacturers drivers when that's needed.

I have always thought it a great idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭jhegarty

I think we found out last night. It's James isn't it.

Advertisement