Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recruiter Needing Help Shocker!!!!

Options
  • 29-09-2008 11:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭

Okay Im an evil recruiter, worse than used car salesmen etc etc (heard it all before!!!)

Legitamently was asked by a new client (gaming and entertainment) to find a good SEO person and an affiliate manager. As this is a relatively new area of expertise in Ireland (i.e. big sites with large international traffic) I am unsure where to start or where these people "hang out" so to speak.

Im not looking for this to be considered advertising just a general query as to how to find these people e.g. Irishjobs has no facility to post specific internet marketing titles etc.

Thanks

FH

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭cianuro

Try prosperity:
    http://www.prosperity.ie/

Word of warning though, I would bet my right arm that there is not a single affiliate manager in Ireland that actually has a clue about the industry. Your best bet is to get in touch with an actual affiliate management company that has ties with Ireland. Tradedoubler or Webgains come to mind.

Final tip, tell your client not to bother their arse entering the space or exploring the channel if they are not committed. Good affiliates are not monkeys. Companies that realize that do really well.

PM me if you would like to have a chat. (I am not interested in the position though).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭flash harry

thanks for response

no doubting their committment - its a massive international online company....

thanks for response

no doubting their committment - its a massive international online company....

No offense, but I still do. I'm going to assume you mean ebay here. The girl "running" their program currently clearly got promoted to the position from canteen staff. If the situation changes, let me know. I along with a lot of others will be happy to return.

Just because a company is big, doesn't mean it knows how to run an affiliate program. However, take a look at SKY, they really know how to do it.

Sorry for the rant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭blue4ever

cianuro wrote: »
    No offense, but I still do. I'm going to assume you mean ebay here. The girl "running" their program currently clearly got promoted to the position from canteen staff. If the situation changes, let me know. I along with a lot of others will be happy to return.

Just because a company is big, doesn't mean it knows how to run an affiliate program. However, take a look at SKY, they really know how to do it.

Sorry for the rant.

Straight up – I have no interest in Ebay or indeed affiliate marketing. But I was intrigued by your comment cianuro: can you tell me the service difference between say ebay and sky. I just had a look a both sites and both seem comprehensive (on the face of it).

C

blue4ever wrote: »
    Straight up – I have no interest in Ebay or indeed affiliate marketing. But I was intrigued by your comment cianuro: can you tell me the service difference between say ebay and sky. I just had a look a both sites and both seem comprehensive (on the face of it).

C

I wont go into too much detail, but eBay have absolutely NO interest in their affiliates. It takes literally WEEKS to get a response to any questions and their behaviour over on the official EPN boards is astonishing. They have no interest in plugging leaks or listening to affiliate feedback. That is not to say there are not good people working there. Some are trying but don't have the resources to cope.

SKY on the other hand listen to their affiliates, incentivize them (prizes for best performing affiliates etc.) and just last month removed the phone number on their landing pages at the request of affiliates. The SKY affiliate managers know that keeping the affiliates happy keeps them striving to send quality sales. Ebay think that affiliates are kids in their basements and offer little to no value at all. If the shareholders knew how the affiliate program was being run at ebay, they would be shocked.

Shame really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

A lot of the big companies are more than a bit clueless when it comes to managing their affiliate programs.

blacknight wrote: »
    A lot of the big companies are more than a bit clueless when it comes to managing their affiliate programs.

Tell me about it. Especially the Irish financial services companies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭blue4ever

I wont go into too much detail, but eBay have absolutely NO interest in their affiliates. It takes literally WEEKS to get a response to any questions and their behaviour over on the official EPN boards is astonishing. They have no interest in plugging leaks or listening to affiliate feedback. That is not to say there are not good people working there. Some are trying but don't have the resources to cope.

SKY on the other hand listen to their affiliates, incentivize them (prizes for best performing affiliates etc.) and just last month removed the phone number on their landing pages at the request of affiliates. The SKY affiliate managers know that keeping the affiliates happy keeps them striving to send quality sales. Ebay think that affiliates are kids in their basements and offer little to no value at all. If the shareholders knew how the affiliate program was being run at ebay, they would be shocked.

Shame really.

I appreciate the insight

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭deepriver

Try prosperity:
    http://www.prosperity.ie/

Word of warning though, I would bet my right arm that there is not a single affiliate manager in Ireland that actually has a clue about the industry. Your best bet is to get in touch with an actual affiliate management company that has ties with Ireland. Tradedoubler or Webgains come to mind.

Final tip, tell your client not to bother their arse entering the space or exploring the channel if they are not committed. Good affiliates are not monkeys. Companies that realize that do really well.

PM me if you would like to have a chat. (I am not interested in the position though).

eh he is a recruiter and not looking for a recruitment agency and I would guess he is recruiting for pocket kings (gaming!?!?)

good work sherlock lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭dazberry

deepriver wrote: »
    eh he is a recruiter and not looking for a recruitment agency and I would guess he is recruiting for pocket kings (gaming!?!?)

Most everyone is recruiting for pocket kings ...

D.

• Advertisement
Advertisement