Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FREE Cimena Tickets.

Options
  • 28-09-2008 8:05pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭

For refering your friends to Meteor:

http://meteorreferafriend.ie/payg

Enjoy.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Bros123

Not that easy really.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,549 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

jonny24ie wrote: »
    For refering your friends to Meteor:

http://meteorreferafriend.ie/payg

Enjoy.

Kind of an oxymoran, if they were real friendss, one would not be refering them to Meteor...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

heh, cimena

:p

Cheers OP

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

meh, the free text for life offer is good enough to get people to join

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

meh, the free text for life offer is good enough to get people to join

Its only on the Meteor Network- at least with o2 its any network at all...... I'd need far more than a pair of cinema tickets to burden someone with Meteor tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

smccarrick wrote: »
    Its only on the Meteor Network- at least with o2 its any network at all...... I'd need far more than a pair of cinema tickets to burden someone with Meteor tbh
    It's free any network texts on Meteor also.

Or free meteor to meteor calls and texts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

smccarrick wrote: »

Not true at all, meteor's is free to any network and the calls are 20c cheaper. It's the exact same plan with much cheaper calls.

Not true at all, meteor's is free to any network and the calls are 20c cheaper. It's the exact same plan with much cheaper calls.

The issue I have with Meteor is that they have far higher termination charges for callers from landlines or other networks, that the other networks do. It may be cheap for someone on Meteor to make outgoing calls- but its far more expensive for someone on another network to call them. They were granted the concession of far higher termination charges to allow them get established in the market when Vodafone and o2 were the two major players, and successfully lobbied Comreg to keep their charges. Particularly in the era of porting numbers onto other networks- its very very difficult to tell what network someone is on from the prefix- and consequently what the call is going to cost you.

I've ran two phones consecutively for a number of years to try to get around this, and refuse to call anyone on Meteor.

Thats just me.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

The free texts to any networks is great, got €20 credit to avail of the offer and about 4 weeks later I still had about €17. Dead handy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

All my friends are already Meteor....bah.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Whats with meteor bashing? I have been with them years and i have had both O2 and Vodafone work fones as well during that time. I have found much better signal with meteor than with the other larger networks.
    Only issue i had over the years was with their roaming policy, having to top up by €60, contact them with travel dates etc.. i think that is no longer the case but that was my only poblem with them.

Saruman wrote: »
    Whats with meteor bashing?

In my case my bugbear with Meteor is their termination charges for people on landlines or other networks calling the Meteor network. It costs me a smidgen under twice as much to call a Meteor customer as it does to call an o2 customer and less again a Vodafone customer.

Advertisement