Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Class Act

Options
  • 28-09-2008 7:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭

This is the worst programme I have ever seen on RTE. Children being slagged off by Caroline "More-Ham" and two other nobodies.

One poor girl was nearly in tears after her performance was slagged off for being too plain and for picking the wrong song to sing. Derek Mooney asked her why she picked it and she said, like a child, "because I liked it" with her voice choking from tears.

RTE should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves for this offensive rubbish.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

Completly agree. It's one thing when the contestants are competing for a real prize. But when they are just school kids it's just plain wrong to stick to the american idol (pop idol) style judging. They're not polished acts, and nobody should expect them to be. They're just kids trying their best.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Watched it once, not sure when, but hated it. Some of the acts were crap and it seems to much of a setup (judging panel, acts crying - very like XFactor...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

I agree with the first two posts.

Personally, I turned off as soon as I saw Mooney.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭Heckler

Even by RTEs standards an incredibly bad show. The audition section looked it was a byproduct of a bad wedding set in a dingy hotel hall. The acts, while one or two may have merit, were in the main depressingly bad. In fairness, did ya see the "dancer" they had on tonight ? He sang first then threw his legs abouta bit. The Judgers thought he was the bees knees WTF !!??!! Appalling production, direction, acts, faux schmaltz etc.

The reason I don't pay a TV licence.

I could have been a lot meaner but I don't want to be sued. The irony of some bits of class act............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Pigletlover

IanCurtis wrote: »
    One poor girl was nearly in tears after her performance was slagged off for being too plain and for picking the wrong song to sing. Derek Mooney asked her why she picked it and she said, like a child, "because I liked it" with her voice choking from tears.

I felt so sorry for that girl, she did so well to hold it together when the judges tore her apart. I thought she was one of the best acts on the show, her performance was beautifully understated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭brousuka

I agree with above posts and have to say this is the most appalling rubbish I've ever witnessed on RTE. BTW who is that clown judge with the haircut that talks like darth vader? (the bloke, that is) very annoying.

Advertisement