Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Camper TV

Options
  • 28-09-2008 5:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

I have just bought a motorhome for the first time and i want to fit a lcd tv, it is wired for the mains but also has a leisure battery, could i just plug a normal lcd tv into the plug sockets or do i need to use a 12v/mains tv. i know there are things called inverters if i fitted one of those would i be able to use a normal lcd tv as well as other 240v products, kettles etc.:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 spike1

Hi my first time on the forum hope someone can help I have just bought a motorhome for the first time and i want to fit a lcd tv, it is wired for the mains but also has a leisure battery, could i just plug a normal lcd tv into the plug sockets or do i need to use a 12v/mains tv. i know there are things called inverters if i fitted one of those would i be able to use a normal lcd tv as well as other 240v products, kettles etc.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

Yep, if it's a 12v TV than you can connect straight to the 12 socket. There's usually a step down transformer built into the motorhome so when plugged into electricity you'll still have 12v.

Stapeler, thanks for your help, so does that mean alsoi can just buy a ordinary household lcd tv and it will work in the van ok

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

Should be fine so long as it's got a 12v supply. Mine is a 15" lcd and I think most of them now are stepped down to 12v.

Many thanks Stapeler

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Be aware that if you want to watch TV for a while and you aren't connected to mains that you will probably need quite a large leisure battery.

As for kettles, hair dryers and other items with big wattage ...you'll need a whole bank of batteries.

Advertisement