Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pauses after favours

Options
  • 28-09-2008 3:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

I have a routine stuck in my head and I'm trying to figure out who's it is. I think it might be part of a stand-up routine, and I was sure it was Eddie Izzard, but I can't be sure of either of those details.

Basically, it's about when someone is asking for a favour, you can tell the severity of the favour by the pause after they say 'can you do me a favour?'. So it's like 'Hey, can you do me a favour <no pause> pass the sugar' but it's 'Hey can you me a favour <long pause> donate me a kidney'.

The examples are wrong, but they're comparable. Ring any bells with anyone?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 kovski

Jerry Seinfeld as far as I know. Think it's one of the little stand up inserts from his show.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

kovski wrote: »
    Jerry Seinfeld as far as I know. Think it's one of the little stand up inserts from his show.

Could well be kovski. Sounds like his sort of thing. I'll check it out. Tks

Advertisement