Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2GB MicroSD Memory Card €3.90 free shipping

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Bros123

£3.90 now.

Best place for me is Deal Extreme.
    2gb Kingston sd card for €5.00
    Bought loads off them and all perfect.

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.2396

• Closed Accounts Posts: 988 ✭✭✭IsThatSo?

Thats about €5, give or take. Still not a bad price.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭guessaname

Guys,

Memory sticks/cards from Hong Kong/China usually will not have the correct capacity as mentioned. They somehow manupulate the chip inside the memory sticks to show them as 2/4/8 GBs when connected to a computer but their actual size will not be more than 512 KB or 1 GB. I bought a 4 GB high speed SD card recently from ebay (obviously Hong Kong seller) but never succeeded to write atleast 2 GB file to it. Whenever I try to copy a file more than 1 GB size it keeps on copying forever showing as "235 minutes left" but never finishes the copy.

So beware of this stuff and make sure with the seller that the sticks/cards are of correct capacity. Don't give the positive rating to the ebay seller immediately after receiving the item. Test the item properly and give the rating.

Its just my advice.

Cheers
    G

• Closed Accounts Posts: 988 ✭✭✭IsThatSo?

Sigh, thanks Guessaname. I had actually bought a microsd card from Ebay earlier today. Its from a Hong Kong seller and while it is supposedly a Sandisk one (I have my doubts about "genuine" brands coming from Hong Kong) I never thought of the capacity issue.

Its a valuable tip, thanks again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭pissed

Ah I see he has put them up since I first posted. Now showing at €4.17 including shipping. Mine still has not arrived yet but if and when it does I will see if I can write the 2GB to it. Will keep you posted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭ninty

Try this application to format your SD card, it may solve SD card errors. http://panasonic.jp/support/global/cs/sd/download/sd_formatter.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭paddydriver

I remember memory used to cost 55 punt's a MB and computers came with 20MB HDD's:eek:

How times change:D

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭ninty

Agree with Bros123 get mine there with no problems.Cheaper if you buy 3.Post Free.

I remember memory used to cost 55 punt's a MB and computers came with 20MB HDD's

How times change

must dig out my spectrum 48k :D

Just an update, this arrived this morning so average delivery times. I was able to write 1.8 gb to it so I assume its ok.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭carbsy

OT, still got my Commodore 16 in the attic. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

cheap asian memory cards are useless

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭kendragon

guessaname wrote: »
    Guys,

Memory sticks/cards from Hong Kong/China usually will not have the correct capacity as mentioned. They somehow manupulate the chip inside the memory sticks to show them as 2/4/8 GBs when connected to a computer but their actual size will not be more than 512 KB or 1 GB. I bought a 4 GB high speed SD card recently from ebay (obviously Hong Kong seller) but never succeeded to write atleast 2 GB file to it. Whenever I try to copy a file more than 1 GB size it keeps on copying forever showing as "235 minutes left" but never finishes the copy.

So beware of this stuff and make sure with the seller that the sticks/cards are of correct capacity. Don't give the positive rating to the ebay seller immediately after receiving the item. Test the item properly and give the rating.

Its just my advice.

Cheers
    G

This wouldnt be anything to do with the fact that 4gb sd cards are considered High Capacity and require a high capacity or SDHC card reader to use them properly would it?
    I havent used any 4gb SD Cards but I haven't had any problems with any 4gb sdmicro cards that I've bought from China and Japan as long as I used sdhc compatible hardware.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,331 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

pissed wrote: »
    Just an update, this arrived this morning so average delivery times. I was able to write 1.8 gb to it so I assume its ok.

I've come across more than one where you can write that amount of data no problem (like copying a group of files) but then some files mysteriously disappear or are corrupted.

Advertisement