Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US / IRL: 4X06 - "Blow Out" [**SPOILERS WITHIN**]

Options
  • 28-09-2008 11:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭

US / IRL: 4X06 - "Blow Out" [** SPOILERS WITHIN **]
    - WARNING: THIS THREAD WILL CONTAIN SPOILERS FOR THOSE WHO HAVE NOT SEEN "BLOW OUT" -

Episode Title: "Blow Out"
    Airdate: September 29th 2008

TV.com Summary:
    The entire operation may be in jeopardy when Mahone gets into trouble with the law.
    Gretchen's sister receives a surprise visitor.
    The Company may be onto Self.
    T-Bag continues to raise suspicions at Gate.

This episode shall air on:

(US) - FOX - September 29th 2008
    (IE) - RTÉ 2 - September 30th 2008
    (UK) - SKY 1 - September 30th 2008

If you are sure you have seen the episode as mentioned above (on the channels on those original airdates), you can move down further in order to discuss the episode.

Otherwise, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED - there shall be major plot details of the episode revealed and discussed below with no spoiler tags used!

What Did You Think Of "Blow Out"? 28 votes

0% 0 votes
    7% 2 votes
    17% 5 votes
    50% 14 votes
    17% 5 votes
    7% 2 votes
    0% 0 votes
    0% 0 votes
    0% 0 votes
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

2 more minutes and I'll have this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭Rick_

9 more hours and I'll be watching this myself.

10 more hours and it'll be over! :p

Great Episode.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

aye, finally the end for bagwell maybe. seems hes ****ed up the book plan,gonna be interesting to see what gretchen does to him

T-Bag will worm his way out of this one as usual.

Interesting the writers are trying to "humanise" Gretchen by giving her a daughter.

She's obviously going down the Kellerman/King Lear route as a tragic hero.

I geuinely thought this was gonna be Mahone's last episode.
    When they busted him from the court house, what was Sara Tencredi's role there anyway?
    Liked Wyatt hiding the gun in the bin outside. That one was straight out of John Woo's The Killer.

And it looks like the Asian tech guy is gonna sell the crew out to Wyatt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Thought they were gonna break Mahone out of prison - Courthouse Break just doesn't have the same ring to it.
    As with the previous episodes, not at all impressed with this season. I'm only still watching because I need to know how it ends, but it'd be nice if it ended sooner rather than later. Surely the ratings are plummeting this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Agamemnon

jayteecork wrote: »
    When they busted him from the court house, what was Sara Tencredi's role there anyway?
    She handed Mahone the sheet with his fingerprints on it afterwards, so she must have been there to get that. Surely there would be a copy in the cop shop though?

I doubt we've seen the last of the receptionist. She knows where T-Bag is living so she might call around to blackmail money from him. She'll probably walk in while Gretchen is there and hopefully the two of them will get it on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

Courthouse Break just doesn't have the same ring to it.

:D I thought the same thing...

Still, I liked the episode quite a bit - really thought for awhile that this was the end of the line for Mahone but I'm glad they got him out. If they're gonna get get rid of anyone soon, please let it be Bellick. Sucre is also becoming increasingly useless too.

Of course, the biggest twist of the episode was right at the beginning, when I thought "Oh here we go again... the card data upload will get stuck at 95% and they'll have to come up with another plan" and for once it actually got to 100%...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,453 ✭✭✭glenjamin

Good episode. Not too sure where the whole Gretchin/T-Bag thing is gonna end up. Can't see them getting together with Michael and co and helping bring down the Company. Looks the Asian guy is gonna sell out to Wyatt. You can blame Linc for that. All he does is tell him to shut up.
    Disappointed with the recepionist and her outfit. Should stick to that little red number she wore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Disappointed with the recepionist and her outfit. Should stick to that little red number she wore.
    QFT!

Disappointing indeed. The puppies were well covered tonight. :(

Otherwise a good episode. Gave it an 8, 2 points deducted for lack of receptionist cleavage.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Her boobehs was ....... SUPERDUPERFANTASTIC!!!!!!!! Kind of fed up with Teabag at this stage, hopefully he's gone soon.

Sarah looked nice in her outfit at the races!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Had to laugh at T-Bags one handed cleaning technique all the same!
    Anyone else noticed Gretchin looked huge compared to her sister!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

razorblunt wrote: »
    Anyone else noticed Gretchin looked huge compared to her sister!

Yeah, was like wtf is up with that! Shoulders and head were just way bigger.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I liked the episode, again so many plot holes, why not just stand next to the guy with the card outside? Why isn't the geek making another device?

I like the way all the sub plots are moving along, Mahone vs. the Company, nice reminder that he used to work for the company btw.
    Gretchin vs. everyone, like the potential plotline for the daughter.
    Self vs. everyone, I don't trust him for some reason.
    Belleck, is he just a patsy?
    Geek, what's his role?
    Michael & Sarah, love interest (meh).

The Aisian guy is always stuck in my head. Remember the old saying for Prison Break "If you didn't see it, don't think it happened". We didn't see the counter get to 100%, so who's to say it did? He seems very shifty, taking Wyatt's phone number, hiding documents and things on his computer from the rest, what is he up to? Maybe after he is found out to be a cheat, the gang realise they don't actually have all the cards and must find some of the holders again and re-steal them. I just don't trust him...

Also, Self is funny, at times he helps, at other times he doesn't... I wonder what his angle is too.

Bellick and Sucre... what are the point of these characters really, apart from comic relief or a shout of "Pappi" now and again. Hell, where are LJ and Sofia anyway... probably getting it on in Panama if they had any sense. Linc telling the Asian guy to shut up every 5 mins is getting tedious too. Who writes this stuff?

Superbitch Gretchen is back and she's not on anybodys side but her own now... Who's she gonna kill first/at all.. the Company or the Fox River gang?

Best part of the episode - Wyatt giving the finger gun shot towards Mahone as he drove off.

Worst part of the episode - Mahone not flipping him the middle finger in retort as he sped off.

I'll give this a 8/10, getting better, like last weeks episode, if the show can keep this level of quality, it might just last a whole season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

I cant wait for Mahone or Gretchen or anyone to kill Wyatt

I'm glad they broke Mahone out

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

I thought it was good...definitely picking up after the slapdash way the season was introduced. Sarah lookin smokin' hot at the races imo. Any chance of a screenshot from someone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭beautiation

Paddy C wrote: »
    Best part of the episode - Wyatt giving the finger gun shot towards Mahone as he drove off.

Worst part of the episode - Mahone not flipping him the middle finger in retort as he sped off.

It was a key psychological moment alright!
    He should have trumped him by shooting back with 2 finger guns. Then Wyatt would take out an imaginary grenade, only the pin gets stuck and while he's struggling with it Bellick saves the day from the back with a pretend rocket launcher to the face.
    Or they could all have just ignored him, stuck on the radio, and had a sing along to Bohemian Rhapsody, sending a devastating message to the company with their morale and perfect harmony.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

jayteecork wrote: »
    To pretend to be Mahone's lawyer and thus get the only copy of his fingerprints the cops had(?), and so prevent the company finding out he's not in maximum security and start thinking something is up. Except that they already know that, since Wyatt was there to kill him. Although he somehow failed to recognise anyone else from the team in the courthouse. Or the car outside. And the cops seemed pretty unconcerned about Mahone escaping.

Can Wyatt enter any scene without doing a bad Terminator impression with the slowly removing the shades thing? Thought it was a bit deliberate in the police station.
    zuutroy wrote: »
    I thought it was good...definitely picking up after the slapdash way the season was introduced. Sarah lookin smokin' hot at the races imo. Any chance of a screenshot from someone?

+1
    I'd paused it at the start as she was coming up the escalator, was talking about five minutes before I glanced at the screen. Got my attention then.

Obviously her turn this week, give the receptionist a break. Probably Gretchen's turn next week, then back to the receptionist again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Yeah really thought it was the end of Mahone too, glad it wasn't though.

Thought it was an another average episode, haven't been liking this season a whole lot, really starting to lose its appeal for me. Still though it's decent entertainment and I know I'll keep watching :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

So glad they rescued Mahone, I thought Wyatt was gonna get to him! I really enjoyed that episode, this season is so much better.

I have to disagree with some of the comments on certain characters.
    Bellick and Sucre are two of the best characters, along with Mahone and Self.
    It'd actually be really interesting if there was some huge explosion that killed Michael, Linc, T-Bag and Gretchen all in the one go, leaving Mahone, Self, Sucre, Bellick, Sarah and Asian Guy to take down the Company. Of course they'll need help, so to replace the 4 dead characters C-Note returns at Self's request, as does Sofia - LJ returns briefly to be shot in the head and killed. Then, Kellerman turns up, explains how he was never really killed (remember we didn't see the body) and has been in witness protection, but now needs to help take down the company. Hot secretary also joins the team and reveals that she has T-Bag/Whistler's bird book. We then find out that the last piece of Scylla is in a maximum security prison, and the new catch is that the gang must break into prison to get Scylla and then escape again without being noticed - that means the name of the series would still be relevant.
    Now that'd be a show worth watching.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

I have to disagree with some of the comments on certain characters.
    Bellick and Sucre are two of the best characters, along with Mahone and Self.
    It'd actually be really interesting if there was some huge explosion that killed Michael, Linc, T-Bag and Gretchen all in the one go, leaving Mahone, Self, Sucre, Bellick, Sarah and Asian Guy to take down the Company. Of course they'll need help, so to replace the 4 dead characters C-Note returns at Self's request, as does Sofia - LJ returns briefly to be shot in the head and killed. Then, Kellerman turns up, explains how he was never really killed (remember we didn't see the body) and has been in witness protection, but now needs to help take down the company. Hot secretary also joins the team and reveals that she has T-Bag/Whistler's bird book. We then find out that the last piece of Scylla is in a maximum security prison, and the new catch is that the gang must break into prison to get Scylla and then escape again without being noticed - that means the name of the series would still be relevant.
    Now that'd be a show worth watching.
    nice sarcasm, nearly had me there...

zuutroy wrote: »
    Sarah lookin smokin' hot at the races imo. Any chance of a screenshot from someone?

Ok Zuutroy since I've seen you on the poker forum.

SaraT.png

On a slightly off-topic note the Asian tech guy popped up in last night's The Shield episode driving some sports car.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

CaptainNegative, user name well earned.

I will agree with one of your ideas though, Kellerman should come back.

Gave it an 8, solid episode, nice team building exercise breaking Mahone out.

Cremo wrote: »
    nice sarcasm, nearly had me there...

I was being serious, seriously.

Sherifu wrote: »
    CaptainNegative, user name well earned.

I will agree with one of your ideas though, Kellerman should come back.

Thanks - at least my username means I'm expected to be negative - what's with all the other people dissing the show?

Kellerman should definitely come back - best character there is.

One thing I noticed though... the lights went out in the Courthouse... so why did Wyatt put his sun glasses on when giving chase to Mahone. As if it wasn't dark enough for him to stumble around...!

Advertisement