Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NOTW Article : Army Hit By Fake Gun Scam

Options
  • 28-09-2008 11:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭

Your normally Sunday morning article, not 100% airsoft related no mention of airsoft directly, but given the details it would be a good bet that the 'high tech replicas are more than likely aeg' , if there not its still a worrying story that could be used as ammunition against airsoft.

On another not the front page contains a picture of an aug with what looks like a built in silencer/suppressor and labeled as genuine, had not come across this version myself before anyone have any info on it? (or it could just be fake itself would not surprise me)

scan0001.jpg
    scan0003.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

It's an aeg in the picture, nice custom job too. Given away by the fact that that version doesn't exist in RS, that the mag in the receiver is a hicap (you can see the gears) and that the sling is a 3-point Viper.

Note: the Irish army do not use hicap magazines. They are a strictly milsim team so they tend to use realcaps, or midcaps when they just want to have the craic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

Whats the point even posting crap like that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Its far from crap, its incredibly alarming in fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

It's an aeg in the picture, nice custom job too. Given away by the fact that that version doesn't exist in RS, that the mag in the receiver is a hicap (you can see the gears) and that the sling is a 3-point Viper.

as i thought, did not look like a shadow conversion kit or something like that, so custom it is, but i do find that fact that the genuine picture is in fact a replica rather ironic...
    Whats the point even posting crap like that?

how is it crap? just look at the Irish dpm law

• Registered Users Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

Puding wrote: »
    as i thought, did not look like a shadow conversion kit or something like that, so custom it is, but i do find that fact that the genuine picture is in fact a replica rather ironic...

The whole production is full of little funny things. The headline lettering for example, appears to British DPM 95.

It will be interesting to see how long these pieces have been in the armoury - and also how the hell they were got into the barracks?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

of course technically its an army issue , but you just know it wont come back on them. its just complacency on their part really.
    when we did duncannon we got exactly those comments though about swapping them in and out. the classic army steyr strips down almost correctly as well ( to the amusement of some of the people who had handled the real thing).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

The whole production is full of little funny things. The headline lettering for example, appears to British DPM 95.

It will be interesting to see how long these pieces have been in the armoury - and also how the hell they were got into the barracks?

Yer well you know its just a stock photo and stock font, anyone want money on weather the editor could tell the difference between irish dpm and British dpm, but anyway we all know the paper your not really the most accurate i actually felt dirty buying the paper:rolleyes:, but does not distract from the impact things like this could have.

And as p-horgan said its not as if this is something that has not crossed peoples mind in the past, and the hole replace the item with a similar item scam is not really new.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Its pure speculation that they are AEG's and even if they are then its a criminal matter not an airsoft sport issue.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement